January 2017 McDougall Weigh In Group

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: January 2017 McDougall Weigh In Group

Postby fancyfinch » Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:42 am

Down 3.6 lbs this week! :D
fancyfinch

Postby Burk » Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:03 am

Down 2.3 lbs
Burk

Postby anne57 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:21 am

Last edited by anne57 on Mon May 06, 2019 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
anne57

Postby bmccloud » Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:45 am

Down 5 Pounds for the week.

:thumbsup:
bmccloud

Postby Solstice » Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:49 am

Hello! I'd like to join in this month.

I'm down 5.9 pounds this week. Probably I lost so much more because of all of the food I was eating over the holidays.
Solstice

Postby Chelspaz » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:41 am

Hello! I'm Chelsea and I've been living a vegan lifestyle now for almost 7 months. My first book I ever read about a plant-based diet was Dr. McDougall's The Starch Solution. I loved how easy his book was to read and thought it was a great starter book for me getting introduced to this new lifestyle.

These past 7 months I have been eating vegan, but in a very unhealthy way. I've always had a huge sweet tooth (I say all my teeth are sweet teeth lol) and I have always enjoyed eating at restaurants. Being vegan, I wanted to try everything I could get my hands on, as well as try every item at every vegan restaurant I could. Lol. I was so excited to change my way of thinking, and I changed what my food was made of...but didn't change my eating habits all that much.

Now it's time to change that. My best friend got me The McDougall Quick and Easy Cookbook for Christmas, and I've made three recipes this week from it: Mexican Lasagna, Ravioli Marinara, and Black Bean Sloppy Joes. These are definitely healthier meals to have than the ones I've been previously eating, but I really want to do more for my weight loss. Are there a few of the MWL recipes in the Quick and Easy cookbook that I can make? I ask because quick and easy are my first and middle names, rofl! I am not someone who particularly enjoys being in the kitchen, so when I was able to make the three recipes I did; they tasted AMAZING and I didn't have to do much in the kitchen...I was ecstatic! Lol.

Anyways, I've struggled with weight all of my adult life, and it's definitely due to bad habits. I'm not sure I can completely adhere to the MWL program at first, but I will strive to do so as I make more of the MWL meals. I also do plan on starting to exercise more.

I will weigh in this evening when I get home from work. Although, I've heard it's best to weight in first thing in the morning before eating, so maybe I will weigh in first thing tomorrow. You said to weigh in by noon PST Saturday, right? So that would be by 3pm EST. I'll definitely have a weigh in by then. :)
Chelspaz

Postby GlennR » Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:17 am

First week, three pounds down.

As I wasn't nearly compliant enough I suppose it shows how badly I was eating during the holidays as opposed to how well I did this week. :-D
Glenn
GlennR

Postby Yomom » Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:32 am

Up two pounds apparently; back to 153#.
Yomom

Postby Gayhartk » Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:50 am

Wt: 224 (loss of 9 #since Tuesday) yea!
Gayhartk

Postby amandamechele » Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:55 am

Hi All,

Please post any losses (or gains) by Saturday at noon PST. :)

Welcome Chelsea, Solstice and Burk.

Awesome losses so far this week, you all are rockin' this! Congratulations Glenn, Anne, Fancyfinch, BMcCloud, Burk and Solstice.

Kathy - I gained this week too, same amount as you. Up 2 pounds. We'll do better on the next weigh in.

Chelsea - Jeff Novick, the RD for this program, has posted a number of ideas for quick tasty meals.
Here is a link to part of what he teaches at the 10-Day program:
https://www.drmcdougall.com/pdf/Advanced_Study_Weekend_Fast_Food_Handout_3-13.pdf

If you like pictures, he also has a really great page called My Simple Recipes, on his Facebook page, with pictures and general recipes. 5 ingredients, 5 minutes, 5 dollars. Check it out. (Click on the picture for a list of ingredients)

https://www.facebook.com/pg/JeffNovickRD/photos/?tab=album&album_id=204432390124
amandamechele

Postby Little » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:41 am

I am just starting today my weight is 164.4 and I'm only 5 2" I went to Dr. McDougall's 10 day program and it was amazing from there I went to True North in Santa Rosa for two stays of 21 days both times, also was amazing. I know how to eat right it's just a matter of doing it. my doctor has recently put me on antidepressants and they have caused me a great deal of weight gain! He told me that they would increase my appetite boy he wasn't kidding! I'm praying the weight gain is only because the increase in appetite and not some chemical off-balance that the medication is doing to my body. If anybody has had any experience with weight gain from antidepressants and you feel comfortable with sharing your solutions that you did I would be so thankful to hear them.
Last edited by Little on Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Little

Postby amandamechele » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:49 am

Gayhartk- woah! That's fantastic.

Little - Yep, today or tomorrow morning. Friday is the official weigh in day, but since we are a global community in several time zones you have until Saturday at noon PST. :)
amandamechele

Postby Sara_S » Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:49 am

I only lost 0.2, (because I got rid of junk food by
eating it this week.)
I would like to lose 30 lb.s
This is my first time participating in this
online forum--is it only for January?
Thanks everybody for your support!
Sara_S

Postby Christi777 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:06 pm

Hi! I'm looking forward to joining this group! I will weigh in tomorrow and post. I have been trying to lose my last 15lbs of baby weight for two years now. I feel frustrated like a hamster on a wheel as my weight won't budge. I am looking forward to the accountability that this group will provide and to sharing the WFPB lifestyle with everyone!!! :-D
Christi777

Postby rresn50 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:02 pm

Ok...I finally weighed myself and ready for the challenge. I lost 35 lbs two summers ago and I was surprised to find this morning that I only gained 20 lbs back. I hope to lose at least 30 lbs and I start today.
rresn50

PreviousNext

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program