December 2016 McDougall Weigh In Group

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: December 2016 McDougall Weigh In Group

Postby JeffN » Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:12 am

amandamechele wrote:Hi Jeff,

Thank you for the clarification! (And for stopping by) :)

My pleasure!

In Health
Jeff
JeffN

Postby darnold » Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:26 pm

Thank you Jeff

Hi Amanda!
I am training for my first muay thai fight actually. I train boxing & muay thai. Other than that, I practice yoga & take the dog for long walks/jogs :) I honestly don't have the energy to eat enough each day and then I wake up at like 3am STARVING lol i say that and yet I already ate ALL of my meal prep for the week!! Time to get back into the kitchen!

Before I started actually training seriously i was eating bread almost every meal! It was really unhealthy, i was cooking with oil & salt but the biggest issue was the bread & pasta. But I'm in serious mode :) completely cut out bread, which was harder than i remember cutting out meat & dairy was 7 years ago!
darnold

Postby Dave Dardinger » Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:07 am

I guess I'm the first to report a weight loss for December. As I reported last week I was 178.2 as a starting weight. This morning I am at 175.8 or a 2.4 # loss! More than I'd expected, but knowing i was going to report, I wasn't tempted to eat juncky food. This is, BTW, the lowest I've weighed since I was was in high school or thereabouts or about 50+ years ago. We'll see if I can keep it up till I get down in the low 160s.
I'm just here for the food.

Dave Dardinger

Postby darnold » Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:52 am

Good job Dave!

I am down 2 lbs this morning, 133 :)
darnold

Postby amandamechele » Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:02 pm

Yay Dave! That's a great number, you worked hard this week...your high school buddies would be jealous...hahaha. Congratulations. I have a similar amount of weight to go, so I'll be here for the accountability too. Did you choose your goal for a specific reason?

darnold - Great work as well. I looked up Muay Thai boxing because I wasn't familiar with it. Woah! That's quite a sport.

I'm going to weigh in tomorrow morning because I forgot to, today, and I've already eaten and drank a whole bunch of tea and I think I would definitely show a gain if I weighed in now.

If anyone is interested in joining us in this December of No Holiday Weight Gain (or less of it, anyway), please do! We'd love to have you. I'll tally up this week's results tomorrow evening (or possibly in the wee hours of Sunday morning).

Talk to you all soon!
Amy
amandamechele

Postby Yomom » Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:13 pm

I am traveling this week, with no access to a scale, so I will have to report in next Friday.
Yomom

Postby dlee » Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:20 am

Thanks for the welcome Amy, just knowing everyone is doing their best is great and it keeps us focused.
I was 123lb. last Sunday and this morning I'm happy to report 120.5 !! yay so on the cusp of the 120's.
Down 2.5 lb .
I'm surprised as I caught a cold this week and have had a super big appetite. Luckily I've been able to cook some good veggie stews and lots of baked potatoes to satisfy my appetite....avoided bread completely which I have trouble resisting! thanks Dlee
dlee

Postby amandamechele » Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:39 pm

Woot! Woot! We had a great week gang. :nod:

Yomom - thanks for checking in. I'm happy you're still in this with us. Enjoy your travels. Will you be visiting the Great White North over the holidays at all?

Dlee - I hope you're starting to feel a bit better. Something is going around our house too. Good work avoiding the breads and pastas, I'm still working on that, but had a pretty clean week too.

I didn't officially report it yet, but I'm down 1.25 pounds. That brings me to 140.75 pounds. Yes!

Best wishes this week!

Today I am grateful for losing that pound. I needed that this week. :P

Next weigh in is on Friday, December 16th, 2016

December 2016 Weight Loss Group :: Weekly Weigh In Results
Total group loss reported in 2016: 424.45
Total group loss in December 2016: 8.15
Week ending 12/09/2016: 5 participants reported a total loss of 8.15 pounds

---------------------------------------------

Total gains = 0.0
Dave Dardinger- 2.4
Darnold - 2.0
Yomom - 0.0
dlee - 2.5
Amandamechele- 1.25
Total losses = 8.15

Total group loss in December 2016: 8.15 pounds
Week ending 12/09/2016: 5 participants reported a total loss of 8.15 pounds
Week ending 12/02/2016: 4 participants reported a total loss of 0.0 pounds
Last edited by amandamechele on Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
amandamechele

Postby amandamechele » Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:37 pm

Hi All!

Though most of us in this month's group have been eating this way for quite some time, new strategies are always welcome I'm sure. With that in mind, I thought I'd link you to a discussion currently going on in The Lounge, started by NicoleS, about strategies to help get through some of the challenges navigating the "holidaze":

https://www.drmcdougall.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=53869

XO
amandamechele

Postby darnold » Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:31 pm

Amanda! I have met Robert Cheeke! Really nice lol I follow him and many other vegan body builders online! They're very motivating & inspirational, it makes me feel less alone in the fitness world when I log into IG and they're promoting vegan lifestyle for animals/environment/health, I bought a tank top recently that says, "Eat What Elephants Eat" love it <3

Last weekend I was at a muay thai seminar (working out for 5 hours) and I ate a ton of nuts & dried fruit & dark chocolate.. a lot.. and a veggie fit hit bowl from taco time.. there was supposed to be a lunch break but we didn't get it and I way over indulged the rest of the day. Trying to stay super strict on just the foods I make this week!
darnold

Postby amandamechele » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:36 pm

I was at Walmart the other day and I decided to wander through the book section. I tend to shop for books online, so it had been a very long time since I had walked through this area of my local store. Wow, I was shocked to see how much they have expanded their book section. This definitely doesn't bode well for independent bookstores (When I travel I always try to find and visit individually owned bookstores - it is fascinating how different a locally curated selection of books can be from what is available at large chain stores). I was also shocked by one other thing. Can you guess what it is?

Do you see it? I mean them...not one, but two. I really do need to get out more (the fact that the book section has me this excited confirms that...lol). I thought that a certain book, pictured here, was a relic not something still sitting on retail shelves waiting to spread misinformation and misfortune this holiday season...and it has a sibling! I now understand why Dr. McD still rallies against it.

Darnold - that's so neat that you have met Robert Cheeke. I love that shirt slogan too! Good luck this week. You can do it. I had rice noodle soup on Sunday, so I get it.

I've been posting what I have been eating for the month in the Journal section, to compare how I'm eating to any changes in weight.
Here is the link to today's entry, if anyone is interested. Accountability has been the focus of a lot of recent webinars from a variety of experts, so I thought I'd step mine up a notch.
https://www.drmcdougall.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=36241&p=549142#p549142
amandamechele

Postby dlee » Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:08 am

No wonder people are confused. I don't know how many people think they can't eat wheat due to this garbage being promoted. Dlee
dlee

Postby amandamechele » Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:05 am

Dlee- I have read so many of those types of books over the years, selling some unique new diet idea while actually promoting the same old eat less, exercise more philosophy.
How was your week?

I'm down 0.75 lbs this week.

Heighest Weight: 237 lbs
Current Weight: 140 lbs
Goal 1: BMI 24.9: 129.5
Goal 2: BMI 22: 115
Week of 09/12/16 - 15/12/16: -0.75 lbs
amandamechele

Postby Dave Dardinger » Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:25 pm

Well, I didn't quite hold all my loss from last week. I was up .4 to 176.2. Still I don't feel too bad about it. I'm still averaging a pound a week loss. BTW, I got the cataract in my left eye removed yesterday and it's amazing how the background color has changed from a dingy yellow to a pure white.
I'm just here for the food.

Dave Dardinger

Postby Yomom » Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:16 pm

Weight 153 this morning - sorry group, that is plus 3# in the last two weeks, (as I did not weigh last Friday due to travel).
Yomom

PreviousNext

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program