eating before bed good or bad?

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

eating before bed good or bad?

Postby Shannox94 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:38 pm

I was just wondering is it true what they say about eating before bed like some say? I work nights and for the time in a while and most of the day i haven't been able to sleep, at 5:30 i ate rice and beans and veggies but im also want to go to bed afterwards to catch up on some sleep. If i took a nap not long after i ate dinner will that hinder my weight loss efforts?
Shannox94

Re: eating before bed good or bad?

Postby Lesliec1 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:01 pm

I have never heard that it matters what time you eat. You might want to post this in the "lounge" section and hopefully you'll get more replies.
Lesliec1

Re: eating before bed good or bad?

Postby amandamechele » Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:12 am

I agree with Leslie. From what I have read weight loss will happen (almost no matter what) if calories in, are less than calories out.
The trouble is how to apply that in the longer term...which is explained in many thread's in Jeff Novick's forum. Search for calorie density.

Eating before bed is not optimal for other reasons, but (as a former shift worker, I have been in your situation) it is just what you will have to do, due to the nature of your work. Eat when you're hungry, sleep when you're tired and follow the plan...all will be well!

Best wishes,
Amy
amandamechele

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program