OCTOBER 2016 McDougall Weigh In Group

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: OCTOBER 2016 McDougall Weigh In Group

Postby f1jim » Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:39 am

The only data Dr. McDougall publishes is the numbers from the 10 day program where the records are scrupulously kept. Along with the data on weight are the data regarding blood work and the addition/removal of prescription medicine.
He might mention the weight loss in this thread in passing as it's all still part of the McDougall plan but nothing beyond that. It's just not anything more than interesting information.
f1jim
While adopting this diet and lifestyle program I have reversed my heart disease, high cholesterol, hypertension, and lost 54 lbs. You can follow my story at https://www.drmcdougall.com/james-brown/
f1jim

Postby JeffN » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:11 am

VeggieSue wrote:[When it was mentioned that Jeff is somehow now associated with that thread and there was the MWLP rule to follow, I just started wondering if they (Jeff & Dr. McD) wanted to make it a more official study, possibly worthy enough to put in a future publication.

It's a good question and all the points you made are correct. One of the problems with data that has been published by others that is based on member websites (private or public) where people are anonymous, they come and go, and their survey answers on adherence, diet, etc are often anecdotal and not being directly measured

As Jim said,

This is part of the confusion we see constatntly on the forums. The MWL weigh in group should really be for those following MWL. Of course, all are welcome to contribute but the weigh in group numbers in the MWL forum should be for those following MWL.

... which I think is reflected in the welcome message.

In Health
Jeff
JeffN

Postby amandamechele » Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:28 pm

VeggieSue wrote:I'm just being a nosy troublemaker, I guess. :twisted:

Never! :D I'm glad our resident expert came by and answered your question.
amandamechele

Previous

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program