Maximum Weight Loss Program And Endurance Training.

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Maximum Weight Loss Program And Endurance Training.

Postby tuzo » Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:03 pm

Hi, I am new to the program and I have lots of questions, one of them is:
On following the program and doing cycling training, since is recommended to be in a calorie deficit as far as I understand in order to lose weight, am I confined to low intensity riding as oposed to high intensity since I will have not enough fuel for those hard efforts, not to mention that is recommended to stay under certain heart rate level or "fat burnig zone". Am I correct?
I guess my concern is that I don't want to lose the level of fitness that I currently have.
tuzo

Re: Maximum Weight Loss Program And Endurance Training.

Postby GlennR » Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:00 pm

http://www.simplyshredded.com/cardio-for-fat-loss-high-intensity-interval-training-cardio-vs-low-intensity-steady-state-cardio.html

The link will take you to the whole article but I put the conclusion below.

The Bottom Line

Do the type of cardio that you have a personal preference for. Whichever one fires you up the most because you’ll most likely work harder at it. HIIT is quicker, proves to be more effective for fat loss, creates metabolic changes, and helps with muscle retention but not everybody can do HIIT. LISS is safer, but takes twice as long to accomplish similar things and it still has its place for fat loss in moderate amounts, from a pure calorie burning standpoint (meaning only to burn calories & not make changes to your metabolism). My intentions weren’t to favor one form of cardio and bash the other, even though it sounded like that. My intent was to educate and notify you that times have changed and science is proving some good stuff with HIIT cardio. But at the end of the day it’s up to you on what kind of cardio suits you best.
Glenn
GlennR

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program