2 weeks in Malaysia

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

2 weeks in Malaysia

Postby pdenchfield » Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:40 pm

I'm going to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia for 2 weeks for work. I'd love to get suggestions on how to stay MWL for that time. Thanks!
pdenchfield

Re: 2 weeks in Malaysia

Postby Bubbles&Baubles » Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:21 pm

I spent a month in Malaysia a couple of years ago and found it very easy to eat with rice, veggies and fresh fruit galore! KL particularly has some awesome options! It has my favorite Indian restaurant in the world, Sri Nirwana, which at the time at least, had plenty of vegan options: http://www.kuala-lumpur.ws/food-dining/ ... .htm#promo. It's in the Bangsar Village, which was an easy cab ride from the airport.

It wasn't super easy to avoid oil, but some places offered steamed rice and veggies and curries and that was a lifesaver!

Best of luck!
Bubbles&Baubles

Re: 2 weeks in Malaysia

Postby pdenchfield » Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:54 pm

Thanks for the tip! I will likely be restricted to walking distance of the office, downtown KL. I'll definitely seek out steamed veggies and rice. :) Maybe I can find a grocery store with cans of beans too? Oh, and if my room has a microwave, I could get some potatoes.
pdenchfield

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program