Could I still be hungry if I am not getting enough nutrients

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Could I still be hungry if I am not getting enough nutrients

Postby second chances » Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:25 pm

Hello, I have been on the vegan diet for a year, but not on the Mc Dougal diet… If that's what you call it. I have never been overweight in my life nor have I had any health problems. But I am a athlete and I want to lose weight and be a lot more fit. I just watched a little bit of the video by Mc Dougal quotations "eat but not lose your mind". He talked about swapping out foods so you can lose weight. I have a problem though, I live with my family and though I am vegan my family is not. My mom still cooks very healthy but she cooks with oil. I have been counting my calories so that I can lose weight, but it has been hard for me to not be hungry and I tend to eat lots of nuts and other foods so that I can get enough protein. I'm not sure if this is correct, but I have observed that if I don't get enough nutrients or protein I stayed really hungry even if I eat 500 calories over what I burned for that day. Why is that? And what can I swap out to lose weight, when I eat oil, and nuts to get enough protein? How could I take away nuts and avocado and get enough protein and fat? Also how come I lost weight at first, but after a little while a gained weight about 5-7 lbs and after that it has been hard for me to keep that off. Was it because I started to eat too much?
second chances

Re: Could I still be hungry if I am not getting enough nutri

Postby Arlean » Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:02 am

Hi Second Chances!

Good questions! I wish I could answer them but... maybe posting on the Jeff Novick RD board will get you the answers you need. He's the expert!

GOOD health to you!
Arlean

Postby second chances » Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:13 pm

Ok thank you
second chances

Postby Lesliec1 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:13 am

My advice would be to learn THIS program since you are here. If you don't like it, move on. Find the Free Program (under programs above) but also learn the rules of MWL, posted at top of this section.

Stop counting calories or protein, no nuts, no juicing, etc. This is a starch based program and we certainly don't believe in going hungry! Starches keep us satisfied. That's why I'm here.

Just give it a good try and see how you like it. You may have to cook for yourself instead of eating your mother's cooking. Post questions along the way and feel free to post what you are eating as a double check.
Lesliec1

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program