Diet + Gym + Hobbies = Maximum Weight Loss

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Diet + Gym + Hobbies = Maximum Weight Loss

Postby Dalton » Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:09 am

So far, July has been an amazing month for me personally. Kicking things up a notch at the gym made all the difference in the world. I'm in every single day now..if not just to get on the treadmill somedays. Sometimes my workouts are hard and sometimes easy. Just moving more than the average sendentary lifestyle has done me wonders. Ten pounds in three weeks.

That may sound like an aweful lot, but if you add in my full time hobby of gardening.........I'm rarely sitting. With a large country wooded lot, I have so many things to do. This month I've put in nearly 40 shrubs, tree's and bushes, lot's of weeding, feeding, pruning, digging, raking, mulching, carrying large bags of potting soil, etc.

I've resurrected an old hobby of tile mosaics. While it isn't completely labor intensive, it adds into the fold and I barely have time to think about food. I'm getting my calories, my protein, etc. My McDougall dietary habits are set in stone now. Only getting hit by a moving vehicle will keep me from achieving my goals. :D

Today I have gym, gardening and 20 tons of gravel to spread. The gravel is going to take awhile in this heat (very hot in the states right now).

Pardon me for using this site as my personal diary, but it is helping me a great deal and just maybe, I might be able to reach and touch some others life. I'm just so dang excited about everything in such a great way and am feeling so much more accomplished.

Have a great day everyone!
Dalton

Re: Diet + Gym + Hobbies = Maximum Weight Loss

Postby kate11605 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:02 am

Good to hear, Dalton. I've recently taken out my sewing machine for the same reasons. :D
Kate
Ezekiel 4:9., "Take also unto thee Wheat, and Barley, and beans, and lentils, and millet, and Spelt, and put them in one vessel, and make bread of it..."
kate11605

Re: Diet + Gym + Hobbies = Maximum Weight Loss

Postby Dalton » Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:13 am

kate11605 wrote:Good to hear, Dalton. I've recently taken out my sewing machine for the same reasons. :D

Sewing is such a great skill and I can see how a person could blaze through hours with that hobby. Everything adds up. 8)
Dalton

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program