March 2016 McDougall Weigh in Group

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: March 2016 McDougall Weigh in Group

Postby flowerblue » Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:07 am

0.0# :(
flowerblue

Postby hazelrah » Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:26 am

Jeepsterhound wrote:Welcome back, Mark.

Thank you! Last year I was figuring I'd be reaching that wonderful sub25 BMI. I remember when you did that. I just have to get back in the mindset.

Glad to see you continue to progress.

Mark
...the process that creates this boredom that we see in the world now may very well be a self-perpetuating, unconscious form of brainwashing, created by a world totalitarian government based on money, ... Wallace Shawn
http://www.anginamonologues.net
hazelrah

Postby hazelrah » Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:31 am

frozenveg wrote:I'm glad you're back, Mark! I can totally relate.

Thank you. I think that when life's pressures start to close in (like I imagine you're pretty busy with the move), that's when there is the greatest risk; at least for me. It's like, "The hell with this, bring out the creme brulee." Having this weekly truth or dare can really help keep me from making that mistake.

Thanks again!

Mark
...the process that creates this boredom that we see in the world now may very well be a self-perpetuating, unconscious form of brainwashing, created by a world totalitarian government based on money, ... Wallace Shawn
http://www.anginamonologues.net
hazelrah

Postby memkat » Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:03 am

March 18, 2016 stayed the same. Rats! I thought I had lost 0.5 lbs but was worng.

Kathleen
memkat

Postby RobinD » Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:05 pm

If it's OK to join for March, I'm down 2.5 from my start date of Monday, 3/14.

(If it's not OK to hop in, let me know and I'll delete my post!)
"Our greatest fear... should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don't really matter." Francis Chan

RobinD

Postby BeachLife » Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:59 pm

1.77 kg since March 11th! :D

All thanks to potatoes - red, Yukon and sweet. I've been told of a market close by that have purple ones!

All shall be well and all shall be well and all manner of things shall be well. ~ Julian of Norwich
BeachLife

Postby Kerstinro » Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:02 am

Barely scraping the bottom of the barrel this week with 200g - does that count as 1/2 pound? :P

Not quite sure what is holding me back at the moment, maybe too many WW rolls and sneaky avocados. I think I'll do a week of strict MWL to get me back on track and see what results it brings.

We've just booked a week on Ibiza with just under 5 months to go before departure. That gives me a nice long term goal to stick with the programme. The last time we went I had plastic chair paranoia (you know what I mean) and it really took the shine off the holiday :o

Have a good week everybody.

Kerstin :)
Kerstinro

Postby Kerstinro » Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:09 am

hazelrah wrote:Do you folks who use ticker factory just put the image in your message text? That's the only way I can get it to show. Thanks!
Mark

Hi Mark,

I've asked this question last month and here are the instructions I got for adding the ticker:

Grab the HTML code from the tracker - the site usually has one already made for you to just copy - and place it in the signature. Find where to write in your signature files by clicking the Control Panel - Profile - Edit Signature:

ucp.php?i=profile&mode=signature

Be sure to press save, and it should now appear in all your messages. You can try it out in The Sandbox forum:

viewforum.php?f=19

Although the board messages themselves use BBCode, the signature, IIRC, used the HTML code.

I hope this helps,

Kerstin :)
Kerstinro

Postby Janeykhan » Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:17 am

285 - 264 - 140

I'm the same this week at 264. I had Indian food yesterday with Naan. I'm so glad I didn't gain. I was worried I would. :)
Janeykhan
Janeykhan

Postby Kerstinro » Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:38 am

Janeykhan wrote:285 - 264 - 140

I'm the same this week at 264. I had Indian food yesterday with Naan. I'm so glad I didn't gain. I was worried I would. :)
Janeykhan

Mmmmmm, Indian :unibrow:
Kerstinro

Postby TnFirefly » Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:09 am

I gained 4.2#. I think I know what I'm doing and will try to self correct this week.
TnFirefly

Postby frozenveg » Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:50 am

Janeykhan wrote:285 - 264 - 140

Janeykhan

I bet it wasn't the Naan--it might have been the sodium and oil in the food! Unless you prepare it yourself without oil, Indian food can be incredibly oily and salty! Last week Thursday I ate at a Pho restaurant, and the salt had me drinking water for hours. AND I didn't lose any weight the next morning.
5'3", 74 YO. Started Jan. 11, 2010
Starting weight: 222.6
Current weight: 148.2.0

Success Story:
https://www.drmcdougall.com/articles/st ... -rockwell/
frozenveg

Postby frozenveg » Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:53 am

Kerstinro wrote:Not quite sure what is holding me back at the moment, maybe too many WW rolls and sneaky avocados. I think I'll do a week of strict MWL to get me back on track and see what results it brings. Kerstin :)

Oh my, yes! If you look up the nutritional content of avocados, you can see that they are practically vegetarian butter! 77% fat!
5'3", 74 YO. Started Jan. 11, 2010
Starting weight: 222.6
Current weight: 148.2.0

Success Story:
https://www.drmcdougall.com/articles/st ... -rockwell/
frozenveg

Postby Debbie » Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:33 am

I lost .4 this week. My time of the month came yesterday and I craved salty so I made some chips and may have eaten more salt than normal. But still lost, so that is good.

It was a hard week. My assignment at one bus yard ended after 6 weeks and I really love it there and the other drivers really wanted me to stay as did the kids I drove. And my old man cat of nearly 18 yrs is slowly declining in health. I doubt he'll make it 2 weeks, more like a week at best. He is not in any pain nor is he suffering. I bought some tuna fish, his favorite, and he has been eating a little bit of that a couple times a day.

We're now in spring break and after spring break, I start a new assignment for about 3 weeks....that is going to be hard....But I will be busy and that's always a good thing.
"It's the food" It's always been the food.
Debbie

Postby Debbie » Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:22 pm

kate11605 wrote:Off topic, I know, but I wanted to post here because I figured this was the best place since ya'll check in daily.

Can someone tell me the names of all the books that Dr. McD lists in his MWL recipe index? I wanted to look for them on Amazon. Thanks!

Kathy

Hi and welcome! I do not know every single title he has but I'll give it a shot.

The McDougall 12 day program
The McDougall Maximum Weight Loss program
The Starch Solution
The McDougall program for Women
Digestion Tune-Up
The McDougall Program
Quick and Easy Cookbook

Well, that's all that comes to mind. Maybe someone else can chime in with more book titles.
"It's the food" It's always been the food.
Debbie

PreviousNext

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program