Central Obesity Not Improving

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Central Obesity Not Improving

Postby Beaner » Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:13 am

I have a genetic tendency through the males in my family to central obesity. Also metabolic syndrome. I believe that my low carb dieting (lots of meat) over the past few years may have been a contributing factor, as red meat has been shown in reputable studies to be a contributor :http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19074209
I have only been red meat AND dairy free for a month. Still having a little chicken but working on eliminating that eventually. I am seeing improvements in my blood pressure, a little weight loss, but not in waist size. I was never a big eater so I cant reduce my calories much more. Anyone else like this and how long did it take to see improvements in abdominal obesity? I dont expect to get a flat stomach at 60, but a slightly less prominent one would be nice. Thanks!
Beaner

Re: Central Obesity Not Improving

Postby Ltldogg » Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:47 am

If you want results you should follow Dr. McD and Jeff Novick's recommendations 100%. Otherwise, do not have expectations. Stop eating the chicken. I'd bet anything that you are not even close to being compliant and there are many other foods you consume that you should not. Start a detailed journal if you want and detail all the foods you eat. You don't need to detail to the portions or anything, just specify exactly what foods, packages, condiments, etc. We can then point out where you are not compliant.

Or, you can do the even easier thing and eat about 90% of your calories from whole starches that include potatoes, sweet potatoes, in-tact rices, oats, corn, whole wheat, etc and the other 10% from non-starchy veggies and fruits; whole foods only. If you did this, 100%, and it is super easy to do by buying these foods and preparing them yourself at home, you will be healthy and can expect to see results quickly. After that it is as simple as time and adherence. In other words, do that the rest of your life. Not only will you be healthy, but you will love the foods as your taste buds will change. You will also save a ton of money on food. You don't have to worry about counting calories, nutrients, obsessing over the scale, etc.

No sugar coating here, just being direct and honest and offering you the healthiest, fastest, easiest and cheapest option. Win, Win, Win, WIN!

Be healthy,
Scott
Ltldogg

Postby Lesliec1 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:19 am

Just review the MWL guidelines and start! They are here in this section towards the top of the page. Post a few days of exactly what you are eating and drinking if you need help.

Do you have a lot to lose? I didn't understand you saying you can't reduce your calories much more. But then you mention obesity so I'm not sure if you mean you are obese now.
Lesliec1

Postby geo » Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:09 pm

OK, so you have Metabolic Syndrome. That tells me your probably obese, diabetic/pre-diabetic, probably have high cholesterol and triglyceride levels, high BP, high resting pulse, little to no exercise, maybe some kidney or liver deficiency, probably high inflamamtion levels, and a whole host of aches and pains that just wont go away, amoungst a bunch of other issues. Metabolic Syndrome is not really a disease itself but a whole host of chronic debilitating diseases and issues that occur simply because of poor diet and lifestyle choices. But the good news is that because they are diet and lifestyle related, they are easily treatable and reversable with diet and lifestyle changes.

No worries, as others have stated, just follow the MWL plan strictly, no excuses, no cheating, just do it. Then come back in a couple months and tell us how its going.

You can see exactly how I reversed all facets of Metabolic Syndrome using the MWL plan in my signature. You can do the same, it just takes following the plan and some time. The worse off you are currently, the longer it may take to reverse your issues.

My testimonial tells where I started and how I finished after a year. My Journal tells you how I did it every single day of that year, what I ate, exercise I did, how I felt, reading sources, various studies and writings I found interesting, meditation I did, etc... It may be a long boring read, but its all their and may give you a few ideas and tips.

And let me finally say, if I can do it, anybody can. Its really not hard, but you have to want it and be dedicated to it, for a lifetime.
geo

My 1 year Journal McDougalling and results Testimonial
My March 2013 Star McDougaller Story
Some Random Thoughts on Successful McDougalling
geo

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program