February 2016 McDougall Weigh in Group

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: February 2016 McDougall Weigh in Group

Postby jleo » Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:05 pm

Hi, I am joining Feb very late (if that's okay!).

I have been transitioning to the diet (MWL/Starch Solution) since January and since I wasn't totally compliant during the transition, I wasn't sure I was supposed to post.

I also have a real fear of the scale, bc historically it gets me very down if I don't see much progress in the numbers. I have usually done better to weigh myself less often and concentrate on how I am feeling. HOWEVER! I really want to track the changes and make sure that I am staying attentive and responsive to my body and the diet.

So I am going to start now and be somewhere between the Starch Solution and Maximum Weight Loss, not worrying too much as I go so that I can easily stay compliant. I am moving more and more in the direction of MWL but am allowing myself time to get there and let my taste buds adjust.

So, I am starting at where I was in January, and will weigh myself either weekly or just at the end of the month.

I am so glad this forum is here! I have a couple questions: is it okay to just post what meals I am having? Or exercise? I want to take part consistently but I realize this is focused on weighing in, so there may be a better discussion group for those things.

Thank you all for your posts, it is very helpful and encouraging to see all of them, and I appreciate the courage to say when it hasn't gone so well: it helps me to be kind to myself and stay focused.

xo
Last edited by jleo on Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
jleo

Postby Reni » Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:18 am

I'm up 2 pounds. :crybaby: It is my fault - not being compliant. Think I will need to start using the Happy Herbivore mealplans (which are Starch Solution compliant) again.

I just get so bored when my meals are so simple following MWL that I start to cheat.

So that will be my goal for this week and see if it makes a difference. Also, going to start a journal to help keep myself accountable.

Here's hoping to a big loss next week!

-Reni
Reni

Postby Jeepsterhound » Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:51 am

I stayed the same yet again.
Jeepsterhound

Postby catherine1305 » Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:21 am

Friday February 19th

gain 1 pound :cry:

humm wrong wrong wrong. :mad:

Looking for my MWL book to get some recipes. :-D
Cathy
Start March 2007

catherine1305

Postby pattinput » Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:25 am

I lost 2 pounds. (Weight is 188.8 )
pattinput

Postby flowerblue » Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:29 am

+1.6# :(
flowerblue

Postby grape » Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:07 pm

I lost 1.6 lbs. so glad it's in the right direction!

I am doing MWL, and it's going well, as long as I plan ahead. Wed night however, I was having a pity party and an adult beverage and some Trader Joes reduced guilt popcorn and triple ginger cookies found their way into my mouth. :(

Just hoping to have a successful weekend and stay out of restaurants which my bf tries to lure me in to!
grape

Postby memkat » Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:48 pm

I remained the same. :crybaby: Although it could be worse as I found some Dave's Killer bread at the grocery store for the first time and love it. No more of that for me. Bread is my nemisis! I said last week I was going to try Mary's mini and need to follow through with that plan.

Kathleen
memkat

Postby Kerstinro » Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:54 am

Oh dear, up one pound this week. Not entirely surprising, as I've had a really bad week for craving bread and sweet stuff, but still annoying as I really should have known better than to bake a whole grain bread and pretty much eat it in one go :oops:

Still, at least I know where I went wrong, so I know what NOT to do next week. Maybe time to start leaning towards MWL a bit more and making sure that only 1 meal per day contains processed starches such as pasta or bread. Go for grains or tatties for the other meals to move back in the right direction.

Still, I'm with the turtle on this one, slowly does it. Still averaging better than a pound a week which will add up nicely over the course of the year.

Here's to next week ;)

Kerstin
Kerstinro

Postby jleo » Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:15 am

I am (?) up one pound today. I have been at the same set point for a very long time so it seems to be taking time to let go. I was not expecting a pound up but I am feeling so good that I am okay with that.

I am eating plenty I think although I do get hungry, so I am thinking of ways to stay full and comfortable.

Hope everyone has a great weekend, and a great week!
jleo

Postby Debbie » Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:54 am

Lost 2.2 pounds this week! :D
"It's the food" It's always been the food.
Debbie

Postby Nstep2live » Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:57 am

Lost 2 lbs this week.
Weight 190.....come on 180s. Been in this plateau long enough.
Nstep2live

Postby Debbie » Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:57 pm

Good job everyone! For those who gained this week, stick with the plan. Find snacks that are no added fats and oils and are whole foods. Hummus is a great go to with cooked potato wedges and baby carrots and other raw veggies. You can even make cookies using just whole rolled oats, mashed banana, some vanilla, and raisins (if using). Or use a frozen banana and little cocao powder to make a yummy ice cream. Sometimes our meals are great but its the in between that trips us up and throws us off plan. Also make sure that everything you are eating is oil free, it really does make a difference, as I seem to now be really learning. :\ 9 days ago I quit coffee, something I thought completely and utterly impossible, and it has really REALLY curbed cravings for junk food. I'm kind of floored really. :lol:

Our next weigh in will be February 26th and will be our last for February. Let's really give it all we have!!

February 2016 Weight Loss Group :: Weekly Weigh In Results
Total group loss reported in 2016: 83.2
Total group loss reported in February: 5
Week ending 02/19/2016: 11 participants reported a total loss of 1.2 pounds.

**Reminder, all gains count towards the total.**

---------------------------------------------

Reni- +2
Flowerblue- +1.6
Catherine135- +1
Jleo- +1
Kerstinro- +1

Total gains = +6.6

Jeepsterhound- 0
Memkat- 0
Grape- 1.6
Nstep2live- 2
Pattinput- 2
Debbie- 2.2

Total losses = 7.8

Total group loss in February 2016: 5
Week ending 02/19/2016: 11 participants reported a total loss of 1.2 pounds.
Week ending 02/12/2016: 10 participants reported a total loss of 5.5 pounds.
Week ending 02/05/2016: 9 participants reported a total gain of 1.7 pounds.

Total group loss in January 2016: 83.7
Week ending 01/29/2016: 10 participants reported a total loss of 1.4 pounds.
Week ending 01/22/2016: 15 participants reported a total loss of 14 pounds.
Week ending 01/15/2016: 16 participants reported a total loss of 15.5 pounds.
Week ending 01/08/2016: 23 participants reported a total loss of 41.5 pounds.
Week ending 01/01/2016: 05 participants reported a total loss of 11.3 pounds.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Total loss in 2015 was 631.6
Total loss in 2014 was 72.9 (from Oct 31)
"It's the food" It's always been the food.
Debbie

Postby catherine1305 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:42 am

February 26th

Weigh in day lost the pounds I gains so I'm back to the beginning of the month

lost 1 pounds
Cathy
Start March 2007

catherine1305

Postby jleo » Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:46 am

Weekly weigh in

Same as last week, no weight loss.

Not sure how that's possible since I am barely eating enough to maintain a normal calorie intake, and I struggle to keep it there or higher. Fat intake negligible, has been for over a month. Not sure if this is normal? Any thoughts would be helpful.

HOWEVER, I am noticing all kinds of other types of changes, like my feet are not hurting at all, first time in a couple years, my shape is visibly different, I FEEL very different, so..... the scale is a machine and it will just reflect what shows up when it shows up, I guess. Bummer. It's why I hate regularly weighing in but I have been at this exact weight for so long I really am looking forward to shifting it.

Thanks, friends!
jleo

PreviousNext

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program