Anxiety through potatos?

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Anxiety through potatos?

Postby Dayajina » Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:17 am

I love potatos.
I eat a lot of them ( 2-3 lbs). Boiled and then cooked in a slow cooker.
I eat them mainly with a lot of raw veg. and salad. This is a routine since some weeks and I like it.
My weight is slowly dropping - according to Jeffs low density approach.

So far - so good
but....
since some days I feel a kind of strange anxiety, beeing concerned for no obvious reasons, which seems quite
bodyrelated, kind of unusual to my 'normal' stresslevels.

I had a similar experience some month ago, when I ate a lot of raw red peppers and had attacks of anxiety - out of the blue.
Couldn't see a reason.
On my quest for reasons I thought about 'nightshades' -red peppers and potatos are nightshades-
When I stopped eating red peppers completly these anxiety attacs stopped as well.
But I'm just not sure if this was related.

But apart from this experience I have no idea if intake
of potatos is related to any psychic reaction.
Would be nice to hear if others have experiences in this direction - or if I'm just on a totally
wrong path....

love to all
Dayajina, Germany
Dayajina

Re: Anxiety through potatos?

Postby Vegankit » Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:05 am

I don't know about potatoes or nightshade veggies........but I do know that low B12 can cause anxiety, as well as other symptoms. Have you had your B12 level checked and are you taking B12 supplements?
Vegankit
Vegankit

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program