January 2016 McDougall Weigh in Group

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: January 2016 McDougall Weigh in Group

Postby Kerstinro » Sat Jan 30, 2016 3:05 am

2 pounds off this week.

After four weeks, I'm starting to feel other benefits, too. I've had a really nasty cold that I could not shake for the past few months. Now I'm off all meds, decongestants, cough syrups, etc. Still suffering a bit from postnasal drip, but nothing a nice soft hanky couldn't take care of. So nice to breathe without having to concentrate on it :)

I'm meeting up with a friend in Edinburgh today and she found us a vegan restaurant for our lunch. It's going to be a revelation to eat at a place where everything on the menu is a possible option, so I might have a wee splurge :D

Kerstin
Kerstinro

Postby shar_63 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:07 am

Well, gang, unfortunately I am up 1.6 pounds this week. :( After a strong start, I end with a whimper BUT celebrate the fact that at least I am .4 pounds down from start of month.

I fell off the wagon rather spectacularly this week. I've made the mistake of double-programming; that is to say, I had a few weeks of Weight Watchers left so I have been double-tracking out of curiosity - how does McDougall compare to Weight Watchers? (BTW, following McDougall really keeps the points down, making the case for the fact that this way of eating really does keep the calories down...but I digress.) This encouraged me to have a couple of treats this week that while within "points range" were NOT within the McDougall recommended program. Funny thing - I stayed within Points, but gained.

Another reason to stick with McDougall! So for February I RECOMMIT! For this month I dump the WW tracker and follow the menus in The McDougall Program to a T. I'm looking forward to a great month.

Good work, everyone, and I'm looking forward to reporting weekly in February.

:cool:

shar_63

Postby shar_63 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:11 am

Kerstinro, I love your profile picture. Could you tell me how to add a picture to my profile? Thank you! :-)
shar_63

Postby memkat » Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:09 pm

Gained 0.5 lb this week. I am blaming it on fluid retention because I am on a heavy antibiotic for the same psuedomonas lung infection that put me in the hospital two weeks ago.! :crybaby: I have stayed compliant and will continue to do so. Baby steps ....

Kathleen
memkat

Postby Kerstinro » Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:47 pm

shar_63 wrote:Kerstinro, I love your profile picture. Could you tell me how to add a picture to my profile? Thank you! :-)

Thank you :-D This picture was used a lot during the run up to the Scottish Independence referendum back in 2014 ( :crybaby: still too soon). I liked it for the profile here because very often people lose track of what they have to gain and only see what they risk losing when change happens (no pun intended).

If you want to upload a photo go to user control panel (at top of page), then choose profile from the tabs at the top, and then edit avatar from the tabs on the left hand side. You can then choose a file that's saved on your pc.
The files have to be quite small to upload, though, I had to reduce the size of mine in MS Paint to make it uploadable.

Kerstin :)
Kerstinro

Postby Debbie » Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:55 pm

Well, we ended with a gain. Such as life, its not always a straight line. We only had 9 members post this week...which is sometimes how it goes. I apologize for not being here this week. I had an extremely busy week of lots of last minute take this bus here, take that bus there....meet the mechanic here with this bus and for giggles, a surprise drug test. I have a shy bladder, so something that should have taken less than 10 minutes, took an hour and a half. We also had a coworker who was involved in a tragic fatal accident and the week went to the dogs.

The weigh in dates for February are the 5th, 12th, 19th and the 29th. I will make a new thread for Feb in the next day or two. I will post the link here too.

**Edited to add Nstep2live....**

January 2016 Weight Loss Group :: Weekly Weigh In Results
Total group loss reported in 2016: 83.7
Total group loss reported in January: 83.7
Week ending 01/29/2016: 10 participants reported a total loss of 1.4 pounds.

**Reminder, all gains count towards the total.**

---------------------------------------------

Flowerblue- +2
Shar_63- +1.6
wpkrats- +1
Memkat- +.5

Total gains = + 5.1

Jeepsterhound- 0
Nansea- .5
Catherine1305- 1
Reni- 1
Kerstinro- 2
Nstep2live- 2

Total losses = 6.5

Total group loss in January 2016: 83.7
Week ending 01/29/2016: 10 participants reported a total loss of 1.4 pounds.
Week ending 01/22/2016: 15 participants reported a total loss of 14 pounds.
Week ending 01/15/2016: 16 participants reported a total loss of 15.5 pounds.
Week ending 01/08/2016: 23 participants reported a total loss of 41.5 pounds.
Week ending 01/01/2016: 05 participants reported a total loss of 11.3 pounds.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Total loss in 2015 was 631.6
Total loss in 2014 was 72.9 (from Oct 31)
Last edited by Debbie on Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"It's the food" It's always been the food.
Debbie

Postby Kerstinro » Sat Jan 30, 2016 3:16 pm

Debbie wrote:I had an extremely busy week of lots of last minute take this bus here, take that bus there....meet the mechanic here with this bus and for giggles, a surprise drug test.

Wow, that does sound like quite the week. I'm sorry to hear about your colleague's accident.
Just be glad that the week is over now and hope for a less stressful time next week. :)

Will the February weigh-ins also be either a Friday or a Saturday?

Kerstin
Kerstinro

Postby Nstep2live » Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:20 pm

Forgot to post this morning! Weight 191. Down 2 lbs.
Nstep2live

Postby Kerstinro » Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:52 am

Nstep2live wrote:Forgot to post this morning! Weight 191. Down 2 lbs.

Wowzer! We're finishing on a loss after all :eek:
Kerstinro

Postby Debbie » Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:45 pm

Kerstinro wrote:
Debbie wrote:I had an extremely busy week of lots of last minute take this bus here, take that bus there....meet the mechanic here with this bus and for giggles, a surprise drug test.

Wow, that does sound like quite the week. I'm sorry to hear about your colleague's accident.
Just be glad that the week is over now and hope for a less stressful time next week. :)

Will the February weigh-ins also be either a Friday or a Saturday?

Kerstin

Yes, the weigh ins will still be Fridays and Saturdays.

And thank you. Such a hard week for sure.
Debbie

Postby Debbie » Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:51 pm

The thread for February!

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=51077
Debbie

Postby shar_63 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:53 am

Kerstin, thank you! :) My family has a strong Scottish heritage (MacArthur, on my mother's side). Apparently we hail from the Isle of Mull or that general region. My mother (who has a kilt in our family tartan) was fortunate enough to that area a decade ago and it is my dream to do the same.
shar_63

Postby flowerblue » Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:29 pm

+2.0#......................................... :(
flowerblue

Previous

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program