1 week down, but why am I so tired?

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

1 week down, but why am I so tired?

Postby grannylut » Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:47 pm

It is over 1 week since I recommitted to this, and I am still extremely happy I did. The only thing is that in the last day or so, I have been sooooo very tired and fatigued. Is this normal during the transitition?
grannylut

Re: 1 week down, but why am I so tired?

Postby vgpedlr » Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:22 pm

It can be adjustment. Recently I've experimented with nutrient density, meal sequencing, and appetite to see what would happen. I found that I was feeling fatigued, and one factor was not enough starch. My appetite was a little hard to read some times. Try upping your starch and see what happens.
vgpedlr

Postby Debbie » Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:47 pm

How are you doing Grannylut? Still feeling tired or has it left? Hope to see you post more. :)
"It's the food" It's always been the food.
Debbie

Postby Lesliec1 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:07 am

I just wanted to share that I was VERY tired at first doing this plan. It lasted for a few weeks and then the tired period broke for no apparent reason. I'm not a "Science-y Guy" so I can't tell you why. (Hmmm, maybe it was the almost 50 years of abusing my body before I found this WOE?)

Anyway, if you are tired at first, you can tweak the foods OR just stay the course and try to be patient. Plus it never hurts to post what you are eating. Sometimes we can see what the problem might be.
Lesliec1

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program