Oatmeal (addiction?)

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Oatmeal (addiction?)

Postby Ellis » Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:02 pm

Hi Dwu,
Thanks for the reply and for the interesting links to Jeff's work! much appreciated!
I have tried the veggie/fiber route, but like Dr McDougall says, my 'hunger' drive is not satiated, while I feel physically full because my stomach is full of fiber, I still crave starch and in particular oats. Today for instance I gave in and made oatmeal from 500g of dry oats and had that in one sitting... that's what it takes to feel satisfied... Even though I am not fat, this food pattern doesn't make sense to me... But thanks a million for all the suggestions & info though. I'm learning every day on this board! x Ellis
Ellis

Postby Pumpkin Pete » Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:11 am

Hi Ellis,

You mention that you only add hot water to the rolled oats. Have you tried soaking the rolled oats for a few hours or even overnight and then making porridge? That way more water is added which may make you feel fuller sooner than if hot water is just added to rolled oats without any soaking.
I write about plant foods (food tips) for my community garden.
Here I is a link where I write about oats;
https://sites.google.com/site/qhuccommunitygarden/peter-s-food-tips-from-our-garden
Pumpkin Pete

Postby Ellis » Sat Oct 17, 2015 5:36 am

Hello Pete,
Thank you for this suggestion. I hadn't thought of soaking yet, no. I will give it a go. You website looks great too so thank you for forwarding the link! Ellis
Ellis

Previous

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program