THIS IS IT! FOR ONCE AND FOR ALL!

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

THIS IS IT! FOR ONCE AND FOR ALL!

Postby grannylut » Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:29 am

If I had a nickel for every time I have started MWL and screwed up, I would be rich. This time I mean it. I have been holding my own weight wise, but am still too heavy. I also have been feeling awful from all the wrong things I have been consuming. When am I going to get it through my head that I cannot eat refined carbs? I am not just talking about it causing me not to lose weight. I am talking about it being a full blown addition. Once I give in, I can't get enough.

I have just found out that I am going to have to have knee replacement surgery. I have an appointment with the surgeon next week, so don't have a date yet. However, I am smart enough to know that the better I feel, the better I eat, the thinner I am the easier time I will have.

So, whether anyone out there reads this or not (I don't blame anyone who says - gee is she trying this again?) I am making a commitment. I will write down everything I eat and stop fooling around and making excuses. My husband likes to eat out all the time (I hate it) so I will have to figure out how to handle this, but otherwise it is full steam ahead. Just watch me!
grannylut

Re: THIS IS IT! FOR ONCE AND FOR ALL!

Postby Riva » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:24 am

NEVER EVER GIVE UP!

Maybe this time take some take to research ways to change habits. Pre plan what you will do when that craving hits.
If you don't learn some new tricks the same old thing will happen. Um, speaking from experience.

There are lots of books out there on changing habits.

See my next post on changing habits.

Riva
Never Ever Give Up
Riva

Postby auntemmy » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:51 am

Never ever give up. To stop trying is to stop improving, stop hoping, stop caring. You are worth the effort you put into this for your self. You must put yourself first. Do the best you can, put any 'slips' behind you. Keep moving forward to progress. You can do this, no matter how many times you've tried in the past. This is a lifestyle, not a diet, so get to living. :)
~Emmy

What's taters, precious?
Po-ta-toes? Boil 'em. mash 'em, stick 'em in a stew?
auntemmy

Postby grannylut » Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:05 pm

Thanks for the encouragement, ladies. It really helps a lot not to feel so alone.
grannylut

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program