My first day!

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

My first day!

Postby lenzinett » Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:34 pm

Hi there everyone. Last night I got my McDougal books out made a shopping list went shopping today, put it all away and I feel like now what ;-) Let me tell you why I decided to make a life style change. I am 53 years old & 13 years ago I lost 140 pounds, but it was not a healthy way of eating. What has come of this is one I have gained 40 pounds back and I have no energy & life gets boring eating just meat & veggies all the time not mention all the bad that goes with that life style. Today I weigh 257 pounds, I have DDD in my back & my hips worn flat. I am in pain all the time & I don't want to go down the pain pill road though I do take them at times. Today I cant stand or sit for very long without lots of pain. I have been okayed to have the weight loss surgery. I really don't want to do that. When I was 33 years old I was a vegan for 2.5 years & got pregnant & was told I couldn't cont the vegan life style & by a miracle I was pregnant so I didn't want to anything to hurt my baby. I wish I know what I know today, I wouldn't of listen to them. The only problem I had back then I was hungry all the time & I couldn't get my blood sugar under control I have low blood sugar. I ate to many white rice, torts ect I think that played a role in being hungry. So here I am today hoping I can make this work. Any suggestions would be very helpful. Sorry if I rambled I tend to do that :-D
lenzinett

Re: My first day!

Postby Jeepsterhound » Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:52 am

Welcome, how's it going?
Jeepsterhound

Re: My first day!

Postby Gamehen1 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:56 am

Welcome! Do anything to avoid that weight loss surgery, been there, done that, some regrets. I just wish I had known about the plant-based diet before. I am just getting started again on this WOE and will be travelling this road with you. Check out the Star McDougallers' stories, they are always an inspiration to me.
Gamehen1

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program