Weight loss buddy

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Weight loss buddy

Postby joy4aub » Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:00 pm

I am about to get serious about losing some weight. Would anyone like to be buddies to support each other. I have read if you have a buddy that you have to be accountable to, you do so much better.
joy4aub

Re: Weight loss buddy

Postby SoyLatte » Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:01 pm

Hi there! Yes, I would like a buddy! I've been at this since January, and am down about 26 pounds. And that is with several "detours;" I'm sure I could've lost more if I'd been more "perfect" the whole time. But I am ok with that, because it means I am truly making it a permanent change. Any other attempt I've made, I would completely derail around 3 months in. So the detours don't bother me, I just resume the journey. I have about 50 more to lose; my loose goal is 25 more pounds by the end of the year, and the last 25 by this time next year. A buddy would make a nice reinforcement for the long haul. :)
SoyLatte

Postby pb4ever » Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:31 am

Hi,

Would 2 buddies work? I just started Mary's Mini today and a buddy (or 2) would be great. For at least the next 10 days nothing but potatoes and veggies. What is on the menu for everyone else?
pb4ever

Postby Klund » Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:51 pm

Would three buddies be even better? I'm just starting too and would love to have some buddies.
Klund

Postby pb4ever » Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:21 am

Good Morning everyone,

So far so good with Mary's mini. Yesterday had hashed browns for breakfast, baked potato and asparagus for lunch, and mashed potatoes and salad for dinner. During the day I munched on fresh cauliflower.

How is everyone else doing? I'm interested in finding out what others are eating to help with weight loss. Chime in.
pb4ever

Postby SoyLatte » Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:39 pm

I found a bag of mini purple potatoes at the grocery; those are supposed to be extra good for you. I frequently use those bags of other color mini potatoes as a fallback, they're so easy to microwave or keep a boiled batch around, easy to eat one or a bunch on the run (the ones the size of a ping pong ball).
SoyLatte

Postby pb4ever » Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:00 pm

I like that idea, SoyLatte. I'll be going to a few events this weekend and bringing some of those small potatoes will be much better than a huge one. Thanks.
pb4ever

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program