I'm sorry, no.

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: I'm sorry, no.

Postby NightFlight » Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:52 pm

I'm 173 lbs at 5'6. I think I have 15-20 lbs more to lose
NightFlight

Postby NightFlight » Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:14 pm

I haven't lost any weight since that last post.

The food on this WOE is great, but I have more hunger. When I was on low-carb I ate three meals a day and that was that.

I have a decision to make.
NightFlight

Postby frozenveg » Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:57 am

I'm late to this discussion, but I have to say, NightFlight, that I agree with your original statement: I get hungrier if I eat raw veggies first! Seriously, if I am hungry, and eat some raw carrots or snap peas or tomatoes or whatever, it just makes me hungrier--just like chewing gum made me hungrier back in my old dieting days. So don't do things that make you hungry! Eat your starches, for Pete's sake!

I lost my weight (95 pounds) on MWL, 2 pounds a week average the first year and 1 pound/week average the second, and I never ate more than 1/3 of my food for the day as green/yellow veggies. An average lunch and dinner meal is 2 cups cooked rice and 1 to 2 cups veggies. I eat the above-mentioned carrots and tomatoes, maybe an apple, between meals as a snack, but if I get really hungry between meals, I have another 2 cups of rice or 2-4 small potatoes. I eat some leafy greens, mostly cooked, about 1/4 cup cooked, a few times a week.

It might be beneficial to you to post a menu of what you eat and drink in a day. It truly sounds as if you are not eating nearly enough, if you are always hungry (and it's not simple dissatisfaction-hunger). There might be some things you could easily tweak that could satisfy your hunger and move your weight off the dime!
5'3", 74 YO. Started Jan. 11, 2010
Starting weight: 222.6
Current weight: 148.2.0

Success Story:
https://www.drmcdougall.com/articles/st ... -rockwell/
frozenveg

Previous

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program