So so so frustrated!!! 21! And 220lbs!

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: So so so frustrated!!! 21! And 220lbs!

Postby Mayflowers » Fri May 01, 2015 12:23 pm

You may want to add in exercise like walking every day and some resistance training with weights to the program. I noticed no one ever mentions that they are exercising or not. :) Exercise is important to keep away insulin resistance. One needs to exercise 30 mins minimum of every other day. If one goes more than 48 hours not exercising the muscles will not be able to absorb the insulin and everything you eat will be stored as fat. Especially following a high carb diet, IMO exercise is important. It also increases your metabolism so you can burn more calories and actually are able to eat more food without gaining!
Mayflowers

Postby Vnun42 » Sat May 02, 2015 3:06 pm

Just an update.. Both me and my sister gained more weight, around the belly area it's horrible I've never had a belly area. I don't know what's happening but it's just not working for both of us her weight gain has gone to her belly we are both super perplexed as into why we have gained so much weight
Vnun42

Postby Vnun42 » Sat May 02, 2015 4:20 pm

It was okay, if I stayed the same where my body felt the se and chucked it up to different things but gaining weight is where I draw the line of it was 5lbs I feel that is pushin it but I can feel it when I walk I was so hopeful for the mcdougal plan. Now being more then a month actually almost two leads me to try something else. Everyone's body is different
Vnun42

Previous

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program