Plant vs animal based oils?

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Plant vs animal based oils?

Postby Beaner » Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:14 am

I have been counting grams of ALL fats, vegetable and animal. I need a little more variety, and wouldnt mind some peanut butter, margerine on my toast, etc. I loaned out the books so I cant look this up, but what is the verdict on plant vs animal oill, especially pertaining to weight loss?
Beaner

Re: Plant vs animal based oils?

Postby vgpedlr » Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:21 am

NO OIL!

Except for fish oil, I've never heard of an animal oil, unless you mean rendered fat like lard. NONE of that either. This program does not allow isolated, refined fats whether animal or vegetable. Nor does it allow animal foods, whether low in fat or not. High fat plant foods such as nurse, seeds and their butters might be OK if you are at a healthy weight with no health issues to resolve.

If losing weight is the goal, then it's important to lower calorie density, and high fat foods sabotage that. There is no need to count grams of fat, but there is a real need to make food choices count.

All the info is available here as The Free Program, found under the Education tab up top, should you be without a book to refer to.
vgpedlr

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program