Recipe Help for my Friend

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Recipe Help for my Friend

Postby Caroveggie » Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:46 am

Hi everyone,

My friend and I are changing our diets to improve our numbers and lose weight. She's become low-fat, whole food vegan and asked me for some recipe/meal ideas. The problem is she's a bit more limited than what I eat. She's eating the MWL plan. She doesn't have easy access to the website but I'm going to post for her and share any ideas over the phone with her. For my part, I'm returning to my "vegan roots" and start McDougalling like I know how. :)

Here's what she's eaiting:

Brown rice, yams, vegetables like asparagus, artichoke, cucumber, onion, other veggies. Oatmeal for breakfast with banana. Also she's eating potatoes, and some fruit (but limited fruit). Water to drink, some tea, and she's cutting down on her coffee.

She's tried quinoa but prefers brown rice to it. Also, she doesn't want to eat beans or vegan milks like almond milk or soy milk.

She also favors simple, quick to prepare recipes.

If you have any favorite recipes that would fit within these constraints, please share them here so I can share with her. I tend to eat a lot of beans and more processed so it would also help me! Or if you like to eat something that's not mentioned but doesn't include beans, please share.

Thanks very much for any contributions. :-D
Caroveggie

Re: Recipe Help for my Friend

Postby VeggieSue » Sun Apr 05, 2015 3:29 pm

Head over to the top of the Food & Recipes forum and take a look at the 2 stickies that have 3-5 ingredient recipes. Most of those were using just whole foods, nothing processed, and are suitable for MWLP. A few do have things like flour to make dumplings, a box of Recipe Secrets as flavoring, or maple syrup, and ignore items Dr. McD no longer allows, like Boca burgers or Gimmelean, but even then you'll find dozens of super simple recipes to start her off with.

And don't forget Jeff Novick's SNAP recipes. The My Simple Recipes page on his Facebook site has most of them. The recipe can usually be found in the first comment under the photo.
VeggieSue

Re: Recipe Help for my Friend

Postby Caroveggie » Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:16 pm

Thank you VeggieSue, that is very helpful! Somehow I didn't think of those lists, which I have even contributed to in the past. I'll email her the links so when she does have internet, she'll be able to browse them.
Caroveggie

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program