APRIL 2015 McDougall Weigh In Group

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: APRIL 2015 McDougall Weigh In Group

Postby Aliner » Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:35 am

I am a newbie to this board. Plant based since November. Hit a plateau. Lost 1 lb sinc last week

Frank
Aliner

Postby pmcdaniel » Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:49 am

I've been on an elimination diet in order to narrow down the cause of rheumatoid arthritis symptoms. This week I've been progressively adding foods back into my diet....about one a day if I feel well the day after. So far, nothing has triggered any symptoms, but I have purposely been putting off the usual suspects.

I'm a short person, so weight loss is slow, but thankfully, it's been steady.

I'm thrilled to say I'm down 1 pound this week.

Congrats to all you losers out there, and if you're struggling, hang in there!
pmcdaniel

Postby StacyD » Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:53 am

Oops - didn't see the weigh in dates above but, alright! What a difference two days can make!
-2 lbs : 275 :)
5'9", 45 YO|Fat vegan since 2012|Started Dr. McD MWL 08/10/15
StacyD

Postby Belties » Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:34 am

Down 2.2

My goal was 156 and this takes me to 155.6. It's a true milestone for me to lose 10 pounds in 3 months. Looking at the various weight calculation sites, I should strive to be between 145-148 so I'm going to keep posting. Just dropping this 10 pounds has made a real difference in my high blood pressure. It really does help knowing that every Friday morning I am accountable. I'm back home from my extensive road trip with HollyJollyYogi and we have a few tips for traveling McDougall style. My Lotus rice cooker and steamer is the appliance worth traveling with. With this one appliance we were able to steam broccoli, mini gold potatoes and cook rice and steel cut oats in our hotel room. We added chia seeds and blueberries to the oatmeal every morning. We traveled with cans of beans to add to the rice. Garbanzo and red kidney beans are also good finger foods in the car. We spiced up our potatoes and broccoli with Louisiana brand hot sauce. We did partake of Southeastern NC BBQ and fried chicken but only moderately. Our biggest divergence from McDougall...HUSHPUPPIES!!! Hushpuppies are ground corn, egg and milk dropped by the spoonful into boiling hot oil...you can't eat just one!!! We did walk on the beach and try to do a little yoga in the hotel room. All in all, I feel that we paid homage to our culinary heritage with the confidence of remaining 75% McDougall and knowing that no matter what happened, 100% McDougall would correct it. Chipotles is our travel restaurant of choice and they are springing up everywhere. You can ask for double portions of all the non meat items which sometimes can give you two meals for the price of one. Welcome to all the new Weigh-in folks and congrats to all the regulars. McDougall On!!!!!!!!!!!
Belties

Postby hazelrah » Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:11 am

Jeepsterhound wrote:I am down 1.5 pounds this week. According to my BMI I am no longer overweight! :)

That is going to be a big day for me. I think I've only spent a handful of days at that BMI in my entire life.

Congratulations!

Mark
...the process that creates this boredom that we see in the world now may very well be a self-perpetuating, unconscious form of brainwashing, created by a world totalitarian government based on money, ... Wallace Shawn
http://www.anginamonologues.net
hazelrah

Postby Jeepsterhound » Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:45 pm

Thanks, Mark!
Jeepsterhound

Postby RiceGirl » Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:02 pm

I am finally down. It'a only 1 pound, but I'll take it, I'll take it!

DJ
DJ
Height 5'9"

Things are more like they are now than they've ever been - The Elephant Hill School of Economics
RiceGirl

Postby Trish » Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:55 pm

Hi everyone, I think Debbie and I were sisters in funk land last month, but I am on course again as of last week. I was not too off, mostly a matter of too much fruit beyond the two daily and some other sugars (but fat free :-o ) during a month of too many blood sugar lows (insulin dependent diabetic) that needed a fast treatment with "sugar". I think that might have mixed up my metabolism?

So when my weight went UP, I got a funk going. But unlike other times, I did not get angry for long.. I could see that that was a really silly way to react, it is just a measure.. use it as information, Trish! Off for about a week, not off McDougall but over in portions what works for me. A little bit angry, ok ok...

Back on track for the past week and a half, weighed in and have lost the gain, and another one. :D

Now the practice is to GRIN whether I lose or not in a week... because what we are doing WORKS, but not necessarily in our time or way...

So glad you all are here. All through my funk, I though about you all and knew I'd be back!
Trish

Postby bunsofaluminum » Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:07 pm

Weighed today. I didn't lose anything, didn't gain anything.

My little three day blip may have something to do with that.
JUST DON'T EAT IT

I heart my endothelial lining
by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

The rest is an industry looking to make a buck off my poor health
by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Postby Mike » Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:10 am

Down 1.5 kg (3.3 lbs) this week.

Congratulations, Jeepsterhound! It must be super to have achieved this milestone.
Mike

Start: 13 Dec 2014, 126.9 kg
Target: XX XXX 2015/6, 73.1 kg (BMI = 21.75)
Current: 104.8 kg
Mike

Postby normaltraffic » Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:30 am

Had a great week!

Down 6.4 lbs, for a total of 53.8 since January 4th.

Welcome to all the new people and congratulations to those reaching milestones!
normaltraffic

Postby GrammyVeg » Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:04 am

So, I'm starting off this month with a maintain. 0 lbs. lost or gained. (I would have preferred a loss, but I'll take it.)
GrammyVeg

Postby HollyJollyYogi » Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:11 am

Down 2#

Trying to slide in under the wire. Apparently traveling w. my sister "Belties" is good for me! See her post above for details, but I'll add that in 9 days there was only one where we couldn't keep it to only ONE non-McDougall meal a day. We were selective in those non McD meals, too. If anyone said, "Oh, what can we make for you?" We responded, "SALAD!" We got one, too! One. It's the South. We tried for a Thai meal as I'm a champ at selecting Thai meals that come in under 400 calories with 4 cups of veg in the meal to boot, but it was Thai Carolina style so we got up and walked out, stopped by the grocery store, went to our hotel and had broccoli, potatoes, and chickpeas. Delish.

Happy April to all and for those of us with me up here in the frozen Mid-West, WHOOP! it's the thaw!
HollyJollyYogi

Postby feenzis » Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:09 am

Woo hoo, down 2.5# since last Sunday...I am in a state of disbelief. I have been struggling for so long and nothing was working - and I am no lightweight, I have PLENTY to lose. I can't even believe I am eating potatoes and quinoa and pounds of veggies and losing at this pace. I'm enjoying the ride, that's for sure. Tomorrow will be a challenge, with two big family gatherings, and evil jelly beans lurking everywhere.
feenzis

Postby levi » Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:42 am

congrats Jeepsterhound that's an awesome achievement!

down 5.4lbs this week!

and when I see all this extra fat on my body and just feel disgusted, I remind myself the extra weight isn't me, it's just ON me - temporarily
levi

PreviousNext

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program