Will I really lose weight withOUT restricting?

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Will I really lose weight withOUT restricting?

Postby Wild4Stars » Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:15 am

Debbie wrote:The idea behind "all you can eat" to me has always meant, it is extremely hard to over eat for most on whole intact plant foods. Sure, I can take some whole wheat and grind into flour and make a loaf bread and eat about a 1000 calories in one sitting but one would be hard pressed to cook up and eat 1000 calories of the intact whole wheat berry.

The notion to eat all you want comes from not having to count calories, log controlled portion amounts etc. So for instance, I can bake up to say 5 potatoes. With no added fats/oils and other unhealthy items I can eat all 5 or just 2 depending on my hunger level.

So many of us come here from a place of restriction and deprivation. We think to lose weight, we must be miserable, hungry and think something is wrong with us because we are hungry as a result. Choose from minimally processed foods (think whole intact grains etc) eat when you are hungry, stop when you are comfortably full and repeat as necessary.

Well said Debbie, very well said!
"If your lifestyle doesn't control your body, your body will eventually control your lifestyle." Ern Baxter
Wild4Stars

Re: Will I really lose weight withOUT restricting?

Postby Debbie » Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:16 pm

Here is another great thread on the subject. viewtopic.php?f=22&t=27333
"It's the food" It's always been the food.
Debbie

Previous

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program