Ugh

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Ugh

Postby tamcam » Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:30 am

So I will not quit!!!! I was bad and weighed myself this morning after 3 days. Not good. I am up 1 pound. I feel so frustrated. I am coming off weight watchers. I don't want to count, and I won't. I have 10-15 lbs to lose. My body will get used to this. I just needed to post it. I have been eating about 2-3 fruits a day. So I will cut down on the fruit. But have stuck to this perfectly. Oh I have also been having plain air popcorn. So I will cut down on fruit and popcorn and do my weigh tomorrow to post on the March weigh in. I can do this! I'm off to do a tempo run and will have an extra potato if I get hungry later, instead of fruit.
tamcam

Re: Ugh

Postby ANGELOJ » Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:16 am

Never give up!
I found keeping a food diary helped as it allowed me to make subtle changes
Good luck
ANGELOJ

Postby roundcoconut » Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:50 am

tam, you will do great -- keep at it!!

it's OK to feel frustrated once in a while, but you're not trapped there. you can feel other things when you are ready. you can feel happy and inspired and very, very close to your goals. I really do believe you're very very close to getting to the behaviors and the attitudes that make you the happiest.

You are really so close -- being the person you want to be is one bowl of split pea soup away. However you want to be feeding yourself and feeling about yourself -- do that, and then feel good about it. And build that wonderful place, brick by brick, until it is just a normal, everyday part of you.

Like when you started wearing a bra, and you just kept wearing one every day, until it doesn't feel different or strange or "too grown up" anymore.

Take a few seconds to like things about your body (the running is amazing, and I am in awe), and to like how it feels to eat without rulers and measuring cups. You are super cool. You are one of us now!
roundcoconut

Postby tamcam » Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:10 pm

Angeloj & roundcoconut,

Thank you for the encouragement!
tamcam

Postby frozenveg » Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:17 pm

Also, please----realize that your weight fluctuates so much in the course of a day or a week, you really cannot believe in any one measurement! A trend over time is the only thing you can believe in. And how to you get a trend over time? By having time pass, and by recording those measurements!

Make sure you take your weight, no more than daily, at the same time of day, under the same conditions, in the same clothing (or in none). If you are going to the trouble of doing that, record the weight on a notebook or chart. Most folks recommend weekly--I still weigh myself daily, and only record weekly. Write it down, observe it, and forget it. Keep going. Don't allow the number you recorded to set you into either a tailspin of despair ("All that work, and I gained!?!?"), or a celebration of arrogance ("So--that avocado on crackers didn't hurt a thing!".

Sometimes I'll weight myself 5 or 6 times in a day, just to illustrate the fluctuation to myself. I can still--even at this weight--vary as much as 10 pounds, what with eating and changing clothes. I have even varied as much as 5 pounds on days when I haven't eaten all day (like when I was sick).

Really, be good to yourself! It might not have been the fruit or popcorn or anything!
5'3", 74 YO. Started Jan. 11, 2010
Starting weight: 222.6
Current weight: 148.2.0

Success Story:
https://www.drmcdougall.com/articles/st ... -rockwell/
frozenveg

Postby tamcam » Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:31 pm

Frozenveg,

Thank you. Your advice is golden! You are right. It probably wasn't the popcorn or fruit. I myself said that I didn't care how long it took me to lose the weight. So I must just continue and it will work. Thank you again for helping us new people! I for one, really need it! I will continue with air popcorn because that makes me feel like I am having a treat! And my fruit is truly a great desert! I have stuck 100 percent on plan and will continue! And it's Friday! No beer, chips and salsa tonight from our favorite restaurant! We are going to watch Jeff Novick's Fast Food. Not sure if that is sad or not, :D but at least tomorrow we will eat yummy burgers and fries tomorrow!:)
tamcam

Postby frozenveg » Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:35 am

I hope you enjoyed watching Fast Food! I'm sure you had a lot of laughs! I love Jeff's presentations!
5'3", 74 YO. Started Jan. 11, 2010
Starting weight: 222.6
Current weight: 148.2.0

Success Story:
https://www.drmcdougall.com/articles/st ... -rockwell/
frozenveg

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program