Jeff Novivk's Burgers & Fries

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Jeff Novivk's Burgers & Fries

Postby tamcam » Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:34 pm

I wanted to order Jeff Novicks fast food #3. Is that compliant with the Maxim Weight Loss Program?
tamcam

Re: Jeff Novivk's Burgers & Fries

Postby frozenveg » Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:10 pm

To the best of my recollection, everything on it is. He does give some ideas if you want to use bread, but he recommends not using it--so it's all MWL! It's a great DVD--I love it!
5'3", 74 YO. Started Jan. 11, 2010
Starting weight: 222.6
Current weight: 148.2.0

Success Story:
https://www.drmcdougall.com/articles/st ... -rockwell/
frozenveg

Postby JeffN » Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:44 pm

tamcam wrote:I wanted to order Jeff Novicks fast food #3. Is that compliant with the Maxim Weight Loss Program?

Yes. The ingredients are rolled oats, cooked brown rice, cooked beans, tomatoes and spice. The only potential issue is the oats, which are in their dry form, which makes them higher in calorie density. However, the overall recipe is low in calorie density, about the same as a cooked whole grain, about 500 cal/lb.

In Health
Jeff
JeffN

Postby tamcam » Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:59 pm

Jeff and Frozenveg thank you! I ordered it and it will arrive this Thursday! Oddly enough I took my boys to their yearly exam today to find out that my 15 year old sons blood pressure was slightly high and his Dr. also found a heart murmur. We will all be McDougalling as a family and having Jeff's burgers and fries from now on! Excited to watch it and start cooking!
tamcam

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program