My Care Attendant

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

My Care Attendant

Postby Ragman » Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:39 pm

I have a care attendant that is 61 inches tall - she decided to try the plan along with me, and I have to report that she went from 112 pounds, to 100 pounds in the three weeks she has been doing this. Her body has toned up, muscles hardened and she is looking very healthy - she is excited about the loss - her ideal weight, that which has not seen for a while, is 95 pounds
63 years old, in a power wheelchair with no ambulant ability, and limited motion.
This typed message was produced by a Dragon dictation software system.
Ragman

Re: My Care Attendant

Postby frozenveg » Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:40 am

Holy cats! That is fantastic! Very few of us get to pass on this way of eating to someone and have the success be so immediate and obvious! Congratulations to both of you!
5'3", 74 YO. Started Jan. 11, 2010
Starting weight: 222.6
Current weight: 148.2.0

Success Story:
https://www.drmcdougall.com/articles/st ... -rockwell/
frozenveg

Postby Jeepsterhound » Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:44 am

How wonderful, Ragman!
Jeepsterhound

Postby roundcoconut » Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:05 am

What a refreshing thing to hear! How many people on these boards do not have someone in real life to eat our food with us and support us in these choices? It speaks a lot about your care attendant that she was willing to, and wanted to, offer her companionship and support by changing how she eats too.

Tell her hello for us! And tell I secretly hope that there is a little extra good karma out there for her, even beyond the greater health that she is experiencing from this way of eating. I hope the universe gives her little unexpected gifts in addition!
roundcoconut

Postby Ragman » Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:20 pm

She is a very sweet lady, who is happy to follow me on this plan, and helps me choose what to eat out of the three shelves of McDougall's Soups, cup soups and noodles, then joins me in eating them. She helped me by cleaning out my freezer, and shelves of all the things I now do not eat, and has searched online for recipes that will bring variety into our meals.

She has been with me for a long time - since she qualified. She is a nursing assistant, and an EMT, so keeps me in good shape, other than the overweight - she is very excited that I am getting smaller - It is very hard for anyone in a wheelchair to lose any weight or size, so my shrinking is exciting her as much as it does me.
63 years old, in a power wheelchair with no ambulant ability, and limited motion.
Ragman

Postby Ragman » Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:45 pm

My Care Attendant weighed the same time as me - she is 1.1 pounds lighter and just over 99 pounds.
Ragman

Postby Ragman » Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:32 am

At today's weigh in, Froggy, my care attendant weighed 93 pounds, and has none of her cellulite left. She is very strong, fit and with perfect numbers. I don't think she will lose any more. We shall see.
Ragman

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program