Returning after fair start

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Returning after fair start

Postby Katherlihy » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:57 am

After McDougalling last April in Santa Rosa, I am reviewing my efforts and results. Weight loss: 5 pounds. Overall success with eating WFPB: fair. Doug would say most days I am a B with some meals C. I find it easy to slip into thinking "this once won't hurt" but as Jeff reminds me - moderation doesn't work. I started Rouxbe Plant Based cooking class online yesterday and am excited about moving forward learning more about cooking. I AM aware that I need to get moving (slug with reading high on my list)!
Katherlihy

Re: Returning after fair start

Postby frozenveg » Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:35 pm

Welcome to the boards! I am not sure how your post got missed, but you sound like you are on track and doing quite well. I have never heard of the Rouxbe course, but the syllabus looks interesting. It doesn't mention using oil in the foods, so I'm curious to know how they handle that area of cooking! WFPB is OK, but that's only the start--it's the oil that will keep us from success in this way of eating and pursuing health.

Are you looking to lose more weight? Improve some health problems? The best results are almost always achieved with the best efforts, so if you can up your "Cs" to "Bs'" and your "Bs" to "As" more of the time, you are going to kick it into high gear and get with the program!

I hope you had a great time at the 10-day. Anyway, again, welcome!
5'3", 74 YO. Started Jan. 11, 2010
Starting weight: 222.6
Current weight: 148.2.0

Success Story:
https://www.drmcdougall.com/articles/st ... -rockwell/
frozenveg

Re: Returning after fair start

Postby 88Asterix95 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:20 am

I'd liek to second frozenveg.
While getting more active and moving, st least as bit, will help, it's mostly the diet that will help you boost weight loss.
As you have been to Santa Rosa, you know everything you need and more to do what you have to to lose all you need or want.

Sometimes when I want to boost my motivation, I just watch a video of one of the classic doctors and experts on Youtube, like Dr McDougall, Alan Goldhammer, Esselstyn, Lisle and all those wonderful and helpful people :)

Just keep going, you can do it!
Stay hungry, stay foolish (Steve Jobs)

But stay hungry for life, not for the wrong foods.

From 220 lbs to 143 ;)
88Asterix95

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program