I am mindblown

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: I am mindblown

Postby judynew » Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:07 am

Hi, Ragman

Sorry to hear about your difficult month. Yet, you persevere and are down 5 lbs.

Sending positive thoughts.
judynew

Postby frozenveg » Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:59 pm

Oh my gosh! I am so sorry to hear about all the stressful stuff! What a terrible thing, to get conned out of so much! And yet, through it all, you are losing. I am very happy for that one good thing that came out of last month for you.
5'3", 74 YO. Started Jan. 11, 2010
Starting weight: 222.6
Current weight: 148.2.0

Success Story:
https://www.drmcdougall.com/articles/st ... -rockwell/
frozenveg

Postby Ragman » Tue May 26, 2015 1:49 pm

The weigh machine at the clinic is broken, it may be fixed next week, but until it is, I cannot weigh.
63 years old, in a power wheelchair with no ambulant ability, and limited motion.
This typed message was produced by a Dragon dictation software system.
Ragman

Postby feenzis » Tue May 26, 2015 9:34 pm

I'm looking forward to your next report, Ragman!
feenzis

Postby Ragman » Thu May 28, 2015 3:33 pm

I cannot weigh at the moment, as I posted above, but today I was measured. My gut size is now 54.8 inches - down from the initial 65.7 when I started. I am over the moon, happy and eating things I never thought I could eat, like air fried potatoes, oatmeal, and fat free sprouted bread. I am eagerly waiting for the weighing machine to be repaired - they tried to weigh someone weighing over 600 pounds, in a bariatric power chair that weighed over 400 pounds. The machine broke, and they are supposed to be getting it fixed next week. I hope so.
63 years old, in a power wheelchair with no ambulant ability, and limited motion.
Ragman

Postby judynew » Thu May 28, 2015 3:42 pm

You are such an inspiration. Glad things are working so well for you.
judynew

Postby frozenveg » Fri May 29, 2015 7:47 am

We love to hear from you, with or without a weight report! I am very happy for you--you are making fantastic progress!
5'3", 74 YO. Started Jan. 11, 2010
Starting weight: 222.6
Current weight: 148.2.0

Success Story:
https://www.drmcdougall.com/articles/st ... -rockwell/
frozenveg

Postby Starch Chick » Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:29 am

Ragman wrote:I cannot weigh at the moment, as I posted above, but today I was measured. My gut size is now 54.8 inches - down from the initial 65.7 when I started. I am over the moon, happy and eating things I never thought I could eat, like air fried potatoes, oatmeal, and fat free sprouted bread. I am eagerly waiting for the weighing machine to be repaired - they tried to weigh someone weighing over 600 pounds, in a bariatric power chair that weighed over 400 pounds. The machine broke, and they are supposed to be getting it fixed next week. I hope so.

10.9 inches!!!
What an accomplishment
:)
Your hard work is paying off
.....Beth
"It's the food" - Dr McDougall
Starch Chick

Postby Ragman » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:42 am

This month I have nothing to report, the clinic has removed their scale, never expecting it back again, they have installed a stand up one, that obviously I cannot use. Also my caregiver has been on vacation, and the creature they had as locum is unpleasant, and tries to give me junk to eat. Fortunately I am not being abused, just ignored. So she is unwilling to use a tape measure on me, unpleasant in her condemnation of the inappropriateness of the diet I have chosen, " but if you want to kill yourself, it is your business not mine" She goes tomorrow, fortunately, and another locum arrives in her place - my permanent care attendant has six weeks off - I shall be glad when she returns.

When being dressed my legs don't look like mine - they are thinner. I am a long way from the other arm on my chair when leaning to the side. My chair's power actions are not as slow as they were, suggesting less effort needed to move me, and my clothes are all loose.

I feel quite wonderful, have perfect BP, Pulse etc, my eyesight is improved, which is nice, and my body is not as objectionable as it used to be. My BP is 110 over 60, which for a quad in a power chair is unheard of, as is my 63 pulse.

I am still enjoying the wonders of a fat free vegan diet, but have begun to introduce a misting of oil on my fries, done in an air fryer - as the amount is minuscule, I am not particularly concerned with it, as without it the fries are not good. I particular like them because I can do it myself... get potato, stick it in chopper, press button, watch it fall into basket, take basket, shove into air fryer, use oil mister for two seconds then hit button ten times till it clicks ( I do not doubt anyone else could get it in one) then wait twenty minutes.. result, fries that taste good. I am eating that and mash quite often, with McDougall's soups and noodles - I can, with a lot of trial and error, do that myself as well, whilst lazy care person sits and reads magazines; I shall not miss this one at all, and will write to the agency to ensure she never comes back here.

I am also eating fat free vegan baked beans sometimes - they are nice. That and bachelor's mushy peas. One thing I notice is that I do not eat anywhere near as often as I used to, nor anywhere near as much. Ezekiel sprouted fat free bread is good toasted, under the beans.

If I can find somewhere else to weigh me I shall post those results, if not, we can all guess how I am doing.
Ragman

Postby judynew » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:52 pm

Hi, Ragman

You did, in fact, have quite a lot to report. Wonderful progress that you are making. Too bad your locum is such a jerk. Interesting that people feel free to attack our WOE so freely. I wonder if you had told that woman that you eat bacon and eggs every morning and McDonald's several times a week, if she would have felt the need to be so nasty about your diet. Possibly not.

Keep up the good work. Sad that you no longer have access to a scale but it will be wonderful when your lovely caregiver gets back and you can at least check your measurements.
judynew

Postby Acura » Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:22 pm

It's mind blowing that you are able to eat better even when you are not 100% in-charge of your diet. If you hang tight and get down to normal weight, I'm hoping you would be able to prepare your own meal and control your destiny rather than depending upon some locum.
CC
Acura

Postby Magenta2052 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:47 pm

I'm new to the MWL plan and you are truly an inspiration. I have hope again. I'm 63 yo and have about 35 lbs to lose. I joined this forum to get inspiration and I get it! Keep up the good work.
Magenta2052

Postby roundcoconut » Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:23 am

Oh! Ragman, I'm so happy to hear your updates. :)

Perhaps the scale being out of commission is not the worst thing in the world! Meaning: I think the number on the scale has become such a blunt weapon, such a foolish little tyrant in the world, that I wonder if we aren't better off talking about energy levels, and blood pressure, pulse rate and symptoms of illness/wellness directly in the first place? I'm willing to venture that God agrees with me, which is why S/He took the scale away.

(I'm joking! You know this, right?)

PS - With a care attendant like the current fill-in, it is quite the blessing to be ignored! She sounds like a cretin.

Also: Curious whether you have plans to change out some of the old floppy clothes that fit your SAD-eating self, and replace them with better fitting versions? I'm guessing that could be kind of rewarding, fun, transformative.

Please know that I enjoy your updates very much, and am always rooting for any health gains and happiness that may come your way!
roundcoconut

Postby auntemmy » Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:30 pm

Cheering for you Ragman!!
~Emmy

What's taters, precious?
Po-ta-toes? Boil 'em. mash 'em, stick 'em in a stew?
auntemmy

Postby Riva » Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:42 pm

how you doin' Ragman?

Riva
Never Ever Give Up
Riva

PreviousNext

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program