I am mindblown

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: I am mindblown

Postby roundcoconut » Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:40 pm

I'm enjoying your success, too -- tremendously.

I love that you are willing to share!
roundcoconut

Postby Cathy S » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:47 pm

You would be surprised how I have shared your story with so many people, especially those who say they can't exercise. Please continue to let us know how you are doing.
Cathy S

Postby Starch Chick » Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:13 am

I am so happy for you that you are seeing such great results

It's never too late to do something for your health

:-D :-D :-D
.....Beth
"It's the food" - Dr McDougall
Starch Chick

Postby frozenveg » Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:51 am

Absolutely fantastic! How is your caretaker doing? Still McDougalling? Are you feeling lighter, as well as being lighter?

Edited to say--Never mind! I just saw your other post about your caregiver! Good for her, too! This is a great reminder of how sensible, and at the same time magical, this way of eating is!
5'3", 74 YO. Started Jan. 11, 2010
Starting weight: 222.6
Current weight: 148.2.0

Success Story:
https://www.drmcdougall.com/articles/st ... -rockwell/
frozenveg

Postby judynew » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:28 am

Ragman, thank you so much for your sharing. I come to Dr McDougall's website and the message board regularly for inspiration and your story brought tears to my eyes! Your progress is so wonderful. I wish we could share it with the world. There must be so many people who feel their situation is hopeless and you are proving that it is not.
judynew

Postby Jeepsterhound » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:45 am

That is fabulous! :)
Jeepsterhound

Postby creativeone » Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:36 am

Very inspirational - thanks for sharing
ImageImage
creativeone

Postby Ragman » Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:39 am

At today's weigh in, I tipped the scales at 321 - down from 338 last month, giving me a month's loss of 17 pounds, and a total loss of 33 pounds. This is still mindblowing, I am very much more active than I was, coupled with physical therapy, I can now use my hands somewhat, that the therapist attributes to the way of eating. Every part of my body is less puffy, my clothes are loose and I feel amazing. Another friend has joined us and in her second weigh in tipped the scale to 240.5 with a loss of 14 pounds in nearly two months.

I am settled into eating when I want, but eating less than I was - I am never hungry, never weak and always alert and happy. Going to the bathroom is exciting in a way - easy evacuation and no accidents. Flatulence is high, but not very scented, so I do not mind.

Thank you all for your encouragement and support; If I inspire anyone to try this lifestyle, I am happy to do so, because if this near vegetable can lose weight, anyone can.
63 years old, in a power wheelchair with no ambulant ability, and limited motion.
This typed message was produced by a Dragon dictation software system.
Ragman

Postby Starchyme » Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:20 am

Fantastic, Ragman! Thanks for keeping us apprised.
Happy McDougalling!
Starchyme

Postby frozenveg » Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:40 am

Wonderful news, Ragman! I had just been wondering how you were doing. And you've been way more successful than most of us, help two others to take up this way of eating! I am also mindblown!
5'3", 74 YO. Started Jan. 11, 2010
Starting weight: 222.6
Current weight: 148.2.0

Success Story:
https://www.drmcdougall.com/articles/st ... -rockwell/
frozenveg

Postby Nean » Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:32 pm

Ragman you are amazing and so are your friends. Thank you so much for posting! What a great testimonial to the power of this way of eating.

My wife sees a client who is bedbound. That person also is seeing blood sugars finally under control, breathing better, weight loss, chronic wound finally starting to heal. That person is not even doing the full starchivore plan, just adding more starch to their diet and sticking to less processed starches where they can.

Can't wait to hear from you in the following months.
"I am very much in control of how I feel as long as I control what I put in my mouth!" Blue
Nean

Postby roundcoconut » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:11 am

Ragman, it's always a pleasure to see your posts. You've managed to do, with a fair amount of ease, a number of things that some people can find difficult. You've changed your way of eating, adapted those around you to your change and gotten them on your side, communicated your changes to your medical professionals and gotten their support and praise, and encouraged others to come along with you on your journey. This is all a big: :eek: WOW. and a big :cool: COOL!

I will be rooting for you for all the above to continue and to snowball! Please consider me in your corner for the months to come. And yes, keep us updated of whatever comes your way!
roundcoconut

Postby Ragman » Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:32 pm

I weigh once a month, so will report that about the 20th of any month. Thank you all for the encouragement - I am really enjoying the results I am getting. My nurse is too.
63 years old, in a power wheelchair with no ambulant ability, and limited motion.
Ragman

Postby JaniceYvonne » Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:40 pm

Ragman Bravo...now just continue.
JaniceYvonne

Postby Ragman » Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:01 am

The last month has been incredibly stressful, I was conned out of $!8,560 by plausible crooks, damaged myself in a spastic episode that made me less able, and have been hyper and sleepless.

This explains why I only am 5 pounds down this month. Weight 316.
Ragman

PreviousNext

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program