September 2014 McDougall Weekly Weigh In Group

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: September 2014 McDougall Weekly Weigh In Group

Postby Fireshifter » Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:03 pm

I'm not new, been gone for a while. Just thinking I might try to join in this month.
Single mama to three boys, C (7), E (5) and B (3). Living the good life with my kids, blessed beyond reason and working in a trauma center. In love with Ukraine and learning to fly in the sky with a paraglider. I am a firebird rising from ashes.
Fireshifter

Postby GinaLaughed » Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:48 am

Hello!

I'm not new here, but I've been known to glean from these boards from time to time. It's been a very long time since my first post here.

I've been and on again/off again McDougaller since Nov. 2002. Cheese was my biggest downfall. I'm happy to say that this year is the first time ever giving up cheese. The weight is suddenly coming off! I'm thrilled!!! :mrgreen:

We went on vacation earlier this summer and I fell into my old way of eating, plus we were eating out a lot. I had planned for healthy eating on the trip but things didn't work out. :(

I'm ready to get back to healthy eating because I'm feeling lousy! I like the way I feel when I'm eating well and exercising. I think this September challenge is exactly what I need to get back into focus. So, as of right now, I'm committing myself to the McDougall WOE. You can count me in! :nod:

I weighed myself last week so I should be able to participate this week. We'll see....my numbers may not cooperate with me since I've not been eating right.
Gina

“Success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm.” ~Winston Churchill

GinaLaughed

Postby DonnaLee57 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:18 am

Lost a few pounds in July then skipped August. I am back. I have trouble with salad dressing ideas and moist toppings for potatoes. Down 3 puunds from last week so on my way.
DonnaLee57

Postby auggie7 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:27 am

I am thankful for this group, I am in wonderful see you all Friday
:D
auggie7

Postby roxygrlsmom » Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:55 am

Hello everyone -
I hope I'm not too late to join this group! I've been a fan of Dr. McDougall since I purchased one of his books in the early 90's. Recently read Starch Solutions and MWL. I need to lose about 40 lbs. so I appreciate having the support from a group like this. I'm new to posting anything online, other than FB, so forgive me if I make posting errors.
Code snippet: PseudoHTML, UBBCode™ and BBCode. Used on most forums.
roxygrlsmom

Postby Renae A. » Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:31 am

Hi guys! I am excited to get going and join this group for the first time! I'm not too sure how it (the group) works, do we just report our weight loss once a week or is there anything else I am missing?

I am a senior this year in Human Nutrition and Dietetics, crazy! My DREAM is to be a plant based dietitian but I am an on-again-off-again plant based eater, I'm currently off and need this to help me get back on track. I have a HARD time losing weight, not an excuse but I have hypothyroidism and find it so difficult to shed the weight. I am going to give this my best shot because I need my energy back and my sore feet and joints to leave me alone!

Wishing everyone success!
Renae A.

Postby poppyseed » Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:20 am

Iwant to participate in the Sept. weigh in grouip.
poppyseed

Postby Rocky's mom » Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:23 pm

Brand new today! I have been a junk food vegan for two years. I am ready to get on track. Hopefully this is the support I need!

Rocky's mom

Postby Carolyn70 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:06 pm

I have read the China Study, Forks Over Knives, and many McDougall books. I have been following the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss plan for 5 days and decided to join this group for support. I am doing well so far and look forward to visiting with people who are working toward a healthier lifestyle. I am 70 years old and have my doctor's blessing.
Carolyn70

Postby blue.eyed.mary » Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:18 pm

Looking forward to this months challenge! Good luck all,
mary
blue.eyed.mary

Postby Geraniumwise » Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:45 pm

I want to join weigh in group, what do I do and how do I post one of those trackers? Thank you.
Geraniumwise

Postby Geraniumwise » Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:39 pm

Do we just check in on this page each day?
Geraniumwise

Postby mamaJ » Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:50 pm

Hi everyone! I'm new to the forums here, but not to the McDougall lifestyle...or even the vegan life. I just welcomed my second son to this side about 12 days ago. When I discovered I was pregnant, I had only just discovered and applied Dr. McDougall's principles to my eating style. I stayed on the plan during my whole pregnancy...it's easy when eating this way makes you feel so great...there's also McDougall's revenge...but I digress! Anyway, while I only gained 12 lbs during my pregnancy (some of which I think was actually weight displacement...offset by my growing bambino), I hadn't gotten down very much before I conceived. So, here I am. I had a GREAT pregnancy and am ready to work and get back down. I am nursing, so I need to be sure I get the calories in, also. Count me in! Thank you!
mamaJ

Postby kimrncnm » Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:10 pm

Hello, I would like to join in the weigh in group for September. I have been following McDougall's Starch Solution for a month. I lost six pounds. I want to stick with it and know that having the weigh in will keep me 'on the straight and narrow." I look forward to reading the posts of others in the group, as well.
kimrncnm

Postby eshqua » Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:50 am

Same weight for me. Hopefully next week I'll get on the right track!
eshqua

PreviousNext

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program