Mary's mini-McDougall Diet

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Day Four and still going strong...

Postby CarolSoprano » Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:08 pm

Breakfast: baked potato (large), banana, tea w/stevia
Lunch: 3 potatoes with fat-free honey-dijon dressing, large bowl veggie soup (homemade)
Dinner: 3 potatoes oven-baked with Lipton's onion soup mix & veggie broth (boy, were these good), large bowl veggie soup
Snack: grapes

It's amazing how many ways you can cook potatoes (and I haven't even had mashed potatoes yet!)

Have a great nite! :-D

Carol
"You, yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection." - the Buddha

Since February 15, 2010...
CarolSoprano

Day 5

Postby CarolSoprano » Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:42 pm

Breakfast: baked potato w/fat free dressing, banana, tea w/stevia

Lunch: potato salad (2 potatoes) w/fat free wasabi ginger dressing (delicious - Cape Cod brand), large bowl homemade veggie soup

Snack: Apple, tea w/stevia

Dinner: Baked potato w/fat free honey dijon dressing, large bowl homemade veggie soup

Another good day - if I'm hungry later I'll have some grapes.

Have a great nite!

Carol
"You, yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection." - the Buddha

CarolSoprano

Mary's Mini Diet

Postby jamila04 » Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:34 pm

Earnie,

I started the mini on April 11 and I'm doing 10 days this time around and perhaps longer another time. But, please tell me what baked fingerling are. Also, I started McDougalling on January 2, 2007 and at present I've loss 33.5 lbs. with still more to go.

I think it was you that said you are enjoying being retired and curling up with a book vs doing exercise. That sounds so good, becasue I will retire this year in June and I look forward to curling up on the sofa. I do exercise, but not as much as I feel I should, but it's coming when the time is beter. So, I'll stick to doing what I can until I can do more.

Have a wonderful day!
jamila04
jamila04

Mary's mini diet

Postby jamila04 » Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:36 pm

carolsoprano,

How do you make german potato salad?? I started the mini on 04/11/07 for 10 days, but it's been good so the next time I'll do it longer.

I started McDougallin on January 2, 2007.

Thank you!
jamila04
jamila04

Postby Doris » Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:02 pm

Jamila,

Fingerlings are very small potatoes about the size of a finger. I don't see them often. I use small red potatoes for baking, for roasting, pan frying, and boiling.

You are doing wonderful with your McDougalling. :-D

When I retired (it will be 5 years in June) I began reading for enjoyment and I just don't have enough time to read every book I want to. Hope you have a great retirement! :D
Doris

German Potato Salad

Postby CarolSoprano » Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:23 pm

Jamila, for the past few days I've been using 1 tbsp. of Dijon Mustard and 1 tbsp. of Balsamic vinegar, about 3 red potatoes cut into chunks, and scallions (green onions). It is delicious! The one I originally made was 3 boiled red potatoes (cut into chunks) and mixed 1/4 cup of white vinegar, 1 packet of Stevia (about 1/4 tsp), about 1/4 tsp. salt, and about 1 tbsp of dijon mustard together, and coated the potatoes with the mixture plus threw some chopped scallions in.

Hope this helps - I actually love the simple balsamic vinegar and mustard one, but both are really yummy!

By the way, I'm posting my daily menus on another thread, along with others who are doing Mary's mini. It's:

http://drmcdougall.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2666

Feel free to join us over there!

Have a great day!

Carol :D

CarolSoprano

Re: Mary's mini-McDougall Diet

Postby SunnyMcDGal » Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:15 pm

What is Mary's Mini? I keep seeing reference to it, but cannot find anything that describes it. I know Mary is Dr. McD's wife and chief "chef" and recipe creator for McD cookbooks.

From reading this thread it looks like it it based on white potatoes. Any other specifics?
SunnyMcDGal

Postby SonjaK » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:56 pm

SunnyMcDGal wrote:What is Mary's Mini? I keep seeing reference to it, but cannot find anything that describes it. I know Mary is Dr. McD's wife and chief "chef" and recipe creator for McD cookbooks.

From reading this thread it looks like it it based on white potatoes. Any other specifics?

It's a more limited style of eating designed to be for shorter-term "diet" use not to eat all the time. You pick ONE starch and only eat that so you're eating when hungry not out of boredom. It's described in more detail here:

https://www.drmcdougall.com/misc/2006nl/june/marys.htm

and here:

https://www.drmcdougall.com/misc/2006nl/july/marys2.htm

Sonja
SonjaK

Postby VeggieSue » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:18 am

And in the webinar of 3/24/2016 Dr. and Mary McDougall talk about the mini and lay out the rules for it as it is now - no fruits, either.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/marysmi ... 712364124/
VeggieSue

Previous

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program