I'm stuck...the scale is not moving...

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: I'm stuck...the scale is not moving...

Postby lfwfv » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:17 am

Sandy P wrote:I understand that chickpeas in excess would be problematic, but is that true of lentils as well? They are so high in fiber, I thought they would be okay.

Is there one or two starches that seem to be more effective for MWL than others, or does it vary completely by individual?

Chickpeas are actually surprisingly high in fat. I think, other than soybeans, they have the highest percentage of fat compared to any other bean. If memory serves me right, i think lentils are very low fat. All beans are fine on MWL though, just limit to 1 cup.

I think a lot of people find potatoes and sweet potatoes/yams work very well. They are very satiating (i think there was a study that showed a baked potato was the most satiating food), very very low in fat, and quite low in calorie density compared to most starches (i think a little lower than most grains).

Ultimately though, the "right" starch is the one that satisfies you and keeps you eating according to the MWL guidelines.

Eating a ton of veggies seems to be key for a lot of people trying to maximize weight loss as well.

good luck!
lfwfv
lfwfv

Re: I'm stuck...the scale is not moving...

Postby rphalange » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:27 pm

Love this thread!

Glassbird, your persistence is inspirational! Thanks for the updates!
Started MWLP 03-11-2013

RPhalange's MWLP Journal
rphalange

Previous

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program