September 2019 McDougall Weigh In Thread

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: September 2019 McDougall Weigh In Thread

Postby sirdle » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:28 pm

That's a great list of Doug Lisle's videos!

I wonder if Jeff would be interested in adding some of them to his FAQ under the Doug Lisle section?

Cheers, :-P
"Before Enlightenment chop wood, carry water. After Enlightenment chop wood, carry water." -- Zen proverb
sirdle

Postby deweyswakms » Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:24 am

[quote="amandamechele"]Hi All!

Hi Amy, question.

Somebody earlier mentioned "Thank you so much Amy for sharing The slow fast way video last week !" I can't find it, can you repost that link?

Marsha
start weight 210 on 7/25/14; MWL recommit 7/2019 weight 197. 6/11/2022 weight 165.0. Height 5'8".
deweyswakms

Postby sirdle » Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:48 am

deweyswakms wrote:Hi Amy, question.

Somebody earlier mentioned "Thank you so much Amy for sharing The slow fast way video last week !" I can't find it, can you repost that link?

Marsha

I think this might be it...
amandamechele wrote:From the McDougall Website:
McDougall Webinar: The Slow Fast Way, 01-14-16

"Before Enlightenment chop wood, carry water. After Enlightenment chop wood, carry water." -- Zen proverb
sirdle

Postby amandamechele » Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:37 pm

Annette - I noted that change in your favour in the tally. :)

Marsha - Happy new week to you! I’m glad you are getting into the swing of things. I’m curious (if you don’t mind my asking), when you say you are backing away from too many sweet potatoes, like, how many are we talking here? Is this the most calorie dense food you are eating? I have no doubt at all that you will get to that goal soon.

ShortnSweet - Thanks for checking in this weekend. I hope your girls weekend was a blast and that you managed to make many, many great McDougall-y choices.

Vee - Nice loss this weekend. I’m glad you are enjoying the Mary’s mini. For anyone unfamiliar with it, here are the 2 main write ups about it: June 2006 Newsletter and the July 2006 Newsletter. I remember a bunch of you talking about a really cute couple who were vlogging about their Mary’s Mini. I think their name is The Krock’s. They may add some Mary’s Mini entertainment to your life, if you’re interested, try googling or searching you tube for them. Thanks for shifting your weigh-in day, it really is helpful for me, so I appreciate it. :)

Moonlight - I hope things went ok at your mom’s...but if not, no worries.

Sirdle - Nice loss.

Frowsyowl - I’m thrilled to hear it. Are you still doing okay? Letting those extras fall away is a great way to put it.

Laura - The normalization of your blood pressure and cholesterol levels is an amazing feat, in and of itself. Congratulations Laura! Additional weight loss can be trickier once the fear from a health scare fades away because sometimes motivation can start to lag a bit. Keep working on getting the MWL guidelines right so that if an opportunity for new motivation presents itself you can start from where you left off versus doing any backtracking and weight gain. Hitting new-low numbers on the scale can be very motivating for the short term. If you can use that motivation to completely pull yourself out of the pleasure trap then maintaining that momentum becomes easier and easier. Best, most positive, wishes to you this week too!

Connie - XO. Thanks for checking in. How has your health been since the last time we discussed it? I hope you are well.

Sirdle (again) - Thanks and thanks! :)

Recent dinners:
I will admit that I ate two full plates of what is pictured below tonight. Those Sweet Potato Curry Burgers are just too good!
amandamechele

Postby AnnetteW » Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:04 am

amandamechele wrote:Annette - I noted that change in your favour in the tally. :)

LOL...that's funny. Now I'll just go back and change my date/weight for last week. Which of course now means I'll most likely have a gain this week. Life's not fair like that now, is it?

I might be sneaky and wait till Friday's to post a weight, that gives me two days to decide how much I want to weigh.... :lol: or actually just my best weight.
AnnetteW

Postby sirdle » Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:34 am

amandamechele wrote:Recent dinners...

We really need to schedule that vacation where I come and stay at your B&B and you feed me all week! :-P
sirdle

Postby frowsyowl » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:48 am

"Frowsyowl - I’m thrilled to hear it. Are you still doing okay? Letting those extras fall away is a great way to put it."

Amy, Funny you should ask...I fell flat on my face this weekend. All the gory details are in my journal. Back on track today! Btw: your latest meals look delightful.
frowsyowl

Postby Shortnsweet » Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:03 am

Girls weekend was wonderful. We were in Asheville, NC which is a very 'hippie' area. Every restaurant we went to offered vegan options (not oil free, of course), but I was able to make good choices for every meal.

This week result: -0.3 pounds
Shortnsweet

Postby stillcrazy » Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:51 am

Last week 231.4
This week 229.2
Loss = 2.2

Amy, the meal pictures were wonderful! The first one looks like dinner at my mom’s house :D . (Except the burgers would have been beef.). I am ending my Mary’s mini with potatoes although it has worked well for me. I am wanting things like rice and lentils and quinoa and oats again. I did eat huge quantities of potatoes and still lost weight though, so I will go back to it at some point.

Something I did this past week that was very motivating to me was to go back and read through Geo’s 2012 daily journal. His results were amazing and he was totally compliant and consistent. I know of course that every body is different, but it makes me wonder what my results would be if I were that consistent and compliant.

Wishing all of us a good week ahead! Vee
stillcrazy

Postby frowsyowl » Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:06 am

Sorry, I've got a gain. 0.6 lbs. Hopefully b/c of stir-fry last night. I have not had any additional ice cream attacks!
frowsyowl

Postby sirdle » Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:35 am

stillcrazy wrote:Something I did this past week that was very motivating to me was to go back and read through Geo’s 2012 daily journal. His results were amazing and he was totally compliant and consistent. I know of course that every body is different, but it makes me wonder what my results would be if I were that consistent and compliant.

Isn't that an amazing journal? I read it for the first time last month.

He also has journals for 2013, 2014, 2017 which I have not read yet. I think they involve overcoming significant setbacks, but I look forward to reading them, too.

sirdle

Postby sirdle » Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:41 am

:mrgreen:

I tucked my shirt in today...

... that might seem like a weird thing to say, but it has been 20 years since I felt comfortable enough with my body to tuck my shirt into my pants. It seems very weird to look at myself in the mirror and think, "Not too bad! I could improve a little, but even if I don't, I'll still feel content."

sirdle

Postby vegman » Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:06 am

Last Thursday: 161.6 (BMI 24.0)
Today: 163.4 (BMI 24.3)
Change: +1.8 pounds

Goal: < 148 (<BMI 22)

Not great, but ups and downs are normal.

Remain compliant, but calorie density of diet may have increased slightly: ran out of corn on the cob, and had neither soup nor salad a couple of days. No walking some days.
vegman

Postby frowsyowl » Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:22 pm

sirdle wrote::mrgreen:

I tucked my shirt in today...

... that might seem like a weird thing to say, but it has been 20 years since I felt comfortable enough with my body to tuck my shirt into my pants. It seems very weird to look at myself in the mirror and think, "Not too bad! I could improve a little, but even if I don't, I'll still feel content."

Sirdle, this is so cool! Way to go!
frowsyowl

Postby squealcat » Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:55 pm

Sorry, I don't have a weigh in weight for today. My husband had a heart attack yesterday and is in the hospital right now. He had by-pass surgery 14 years ago and this is the first time he has had chest pain since then. All his by-pass vessels were clear but this new one was 95% occluded so they put in a stent. He is feeling better from that but now he has symptoms from the new meds he is on (shortness of breath, lack of appetite etc ). He probably will be going home tomorrow.

I tried to persist and eat well and it started out just fine and then I crumbled. The hospital actually had great food options. I was impressed ! They had baskets of all sorts of fruit, had containers of raw veggies and cut up fruit and many vegan options (for the visitors). Patients had fewer choices on their heart healthy menu. It was interesting to see. I crumbled once I got home. I am ready to stand back up now and eat like a grown up starchavore !

Don't even count me this week. I cannot look ! I will let you know next week where I stand. Sorry !

-squealcat (Marilyn)
squealcat

PreviousNext

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program