July 2019 McDougall Weigh In Thread

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: July 2019 McDougall Weigh In Thread

Postby Aprincess » Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:22 am

Well, I’d like to say I should have lost more my first week, but in all honesty, I had some slips with a couple of picnics. I’ve never met a bag of chips I didn’t like. I could go to the event completely full with every good intention of eating right or not at all and those freakin chips just call to me. BUT, a loss is a loss and all I can do is keep trying. I’m just coming out of a bad sciatic nerve event that lasted about a month so I’m slowly getting back into my walking routine. I hope everyone had a great week, and here’s to many more! :)

-1.4 for the week.

~ Amy
~ Amy ~ :) :-) :-D :D
Aprincess

Postby Shortnsweet » Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:35 am

Good morning!
This week's weight loss 1.1 lbs bringing to a total loss of 9 lbs in 7-weeks.

This week I started exercising. I tried yoga at two different places and I'm going to try pilates tomorrow. I've never done pilates before, but my friend tried it and loves it so fingers crossed that I love it, too. It looks like the kind of exercise I would like to do.

I don't normally log my food, but I did for the past 3-days just to see and here's how it averaged out:
Carbs: 79%
Protein: 14%
Fat: 7%
Cal: 1,375

My goal is to lose 1-lb/week until I reach my weight loss goal in April 2021!
Shortnsweet

Postby Rosey » Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:49 am

Last week 276.9lbs this week 274.4lbs for loss of 2.5lbs
Rosey

Postby Belana » Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:39 am

Belana - I’m so happy you’ve had a good experience with the program. Weight loss is freakin’ hard...LOL... and YOU DID IT! What kind of travelling will you be doing? Hopefully it’s for pleasure. If you are interested in doing so, please consider writing about your experience for the Testimonials and Success Stories section of the website. It is also the pace to find Lindsey’s Maintenance Thread.Jeff Novick just updated his thread called Think Responsibly: The Risks and Benefits of Alcohol & You, if you are interested in some reading that may motivate you to make the change. (It may not, and that’s okay too; these are difficult but important decisions that need to not be made lightly.). XO.[/quote]

Heading over to the maintenance thread.
Do you really think anyone will care about my testimonial? I'll write about my experience if you think it'll help.
Regarding your travel question: I'll be doing a Trek Travel trip in Mallorca, Spain, then heading to Germany to visit a friend. From there we my go to Switzerland.
Over the holidays I plan on going to Jamaica and Mexico and Argentina.
Again, thanks MWL folks for all of your advice and support. This forum made losing weight less lonely!
Belana

Postby cmwann » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:16 pm

No loss or gain this week, and that's okay! I'm less than 10 lbs to my goal weight of 130, and that is incredible to me! I'm going to keep plugging away, and once I hit that goal, we'll see how I feel, but I might push it a little lower. Not sure yet.

Belana, did I miss that you hit your goal weight?! WOOHOOOOOO if you did (and it sounds like it)! That is FANTASTIC! I can only imagine how you must feel! It will be weird to go onto maintenance, but I suspect it will be crucial for keeping the weight off. Good luck to you, and congratulations again! (Btw, I just recently saw where reached out to me, and I haven't had a minute to check in with you, and I'm not even sure I know how to do that!

Good luck and have a great week, everyone!
cmwann

Postby moonlight » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:43 pm

I've lost 2 lbs this week. :D

I'm wishing everyone a good week!!
moonlight

Postby amandamechele » Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:19 pm

Michele - Nice loss! Happy Saturday to you.

Vegman - Solid loss and good plan for the week.

Annette - That jump back up was not bad, all things considered. Here’s to another good week.

Sirdle - My favourite part about a roller coaster ride is the end...LOL. You’ve had great ride, congrats on the loss this week.

Amy - There’s a reason that Lay’s slogan is Betcha can’t eat just one...LOL. I have also never met a potato chip that I didn’t like so I understand how you feel. That is a fine loss, picnic slips and all. It means you made more good choices than poor ones, so I hope you feel at least a little bit pleased. :) Having adherent snacks on hand, even if you end up overeating them a bit just to keep your mouth busy when faced with a whole afternoon of temptation, can help because it won’t initiate a series of cravings or adulterate your palette.

ShortnSweet - Let us know how Pilates goes. Did you like yoga? Your log looks like you are doing a great job and you will get to that 2021 goal. Yahoo! Keep up the good work.

Connie - Fantastic!!

Belana! - We will miss having you check in, but you’ve graduated to the next step. Congratulations! A success story is the stuff that inspiration is made of for other people. I really do think people like to read about how others reached their goals because it helps provide them with a roadmap to their own potential success. I do think it would help and appreciate that you would be willing to take the time to do so. Enjoy those trips, you have earned them!

Cmwann - You’re quite close to your first goal, that’s exciting. :) Keep plugging away. Have a great week too!

Moonlight - Yes! Wishing you a good week too.
amandamechele

Postby laurag » Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:01 am

So 152 this week hi everyone :)
laurag

Postby Michele613 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:02 pm

Belana,

I too am wondering how I missed your weigh-in AT GOAL. I read that you were like .5 away from goal but never got to yell HIP HIP HOORAY for you at the bell. Did we miss that or you just skipped over sharing that with us? Oh well.....the result is ....you made it...you step by step reached this stage of your destination and we all are cheering for your continued and long lasting success in maintaining or even improving further, as you desire and adjust.

All the best. :-D :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Michele613

Postby amandamechele » Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:09 pm

Hi All,

Thank you for checking in. It seems like everyone is going through a pretty good period of adherence. Congratulations. Keep up your efforts.
I used to find that Saturdays and Sundays have the highest potential for little off-plan slip ups because they are the days furthest away from the next weigh-in. I would think, I can have this tiny exception because I’m positive that I can make up for it over the course of the next few days.
Resist this temptation!
The little slip has the potential to become a big slide off plan due to the pull of the pleasure trap. It also slows down the weigh loss by just a little bit each and every week.
Wouldn’t it be nice to know what 7 whole days of close to 100% adherence was worth in pounds of fat for your particular body?

Give it a try!

Have a great week everyone,

Amy XO

Here are the results for the third week in July:

Next Weigh-In is on Friday, July 26th, 2019

Total group loss reported in 2019: 349.92 pounds

July 2019 Weight Loss Group :: Monthly Weigh-In Results
Total group loss in January 2019: 140.53 pounds
Total group loss in February 2019: 78.64 pounds
Total group loss in March 2019: 7.4 pounds
Total group loss in April 2019: 33.55 pounds
Total group loss in May 2019: 38.2 pounds
Total group loss in June 2019: 13.4 pounds
Total group loss in July 2019: 38.2 pounds

Week ending 07/19/2019: 11 participants reported a total loss of 9.4 pounds
---------------------------------------
AnnetteW - 2.0
---------------------------------------
Total gains: 2.0
--------------------------------------
Michele613 - 0.6
Vegman - 0.5
Sirdle - 1.8
APrincess - 1.4
ShortnSweet - 1.1
Rosey - 2.5
Belana - 0.5 (An assumption)
Cmwann - 0.0
Moonlight - 2.0
LauraG - 1.0
---------------------------------------------
Total losses: 11.4
---------------------------------------------

Total group loss in July 2019: 38.2 pounds
Week ending 07/19/2019: 11 participants reported a total loss of 9.4 pounds
Week ending 07/12/2019: 10 participants reported a total loss of 20.9 pounds
Week ending 07/05/2019: 10 participants reported a total loss of 7.9 pounds
amandamechele

Postby Michele613 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:57 pm

Amy the Leader and psychic....how did you know how I was thinking about eating on the days furthest from weigh-in. Today is a religious fast for us so I think I also had that in mind that it would make up for anything I ate in the previous day or day+. Am hoping to hold tight to program this week. We'll see.

Happy eating everyone!
Michele613

Postby Aprincess » Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:49 am

amandamechele wrote:Resist this temptation!
The little slip has the potential to become a big slide off plan due to the pull of the pleasure trap. It also slows down the weigh loss by just a little bit each and every week.
Wouldn’t it be nice to know what 7 whole days of close to 100% adherence was worth in pounds of fat for your particular body?

Such great advice! I used to go to WW on Fridays. And, I would have a grand old time all weekend, then really buckle down the rest of the week. All I did was spin my wheels. I eventually changed weigh in day to Tuesday and things got much better. I’m hoping now that I know that about myself, I can keep things under control. We’ll see. It’s so funny how our minds work, isn’t it? Lol

~ Amy
~ Amy ~ :) :-) :-D :D
Aprincess

Postby amandamechele » Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:48 pm

Laura - Congrats on the loss this week. XO.

Michele and Amy - I know, right. Our minds work overtime trying to ensure we take every single chance we can for more food. At least we recognize it, can laugh about it and take some mitigating action. Best wishes this week working your plans.

This is a photo I took while walking through Kensington Market**, yesterday, in Toronto. I was listening to a beautiful harpist and thought of you, Connie, because you have said one day you hope to see a live show. I wish I could share her music with you and not just her photo.
Kensington Market is a walkable bohemian neighbourhood that draws artists and tourists to its indie shops, vintage boutiques and arts spaces. The Market is also home to a wide array of specialty grocers, bakeries and cheese shops. Hipsters frequent trendy bars, cafes and international restaurants that range from casual to fine dining. Students and families populate Victorian houses along tree-lined streets.

** Best selection of spice mixes in the city at Carlo’s Spice Market (in my humble opinion)
amandamechele

Postby sirdle » Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:46 am

Amy -- are you in Toronto? For some reason I thought you were on the West Coast of Canada... maybe near Vancouver? Don't know where I got that idea.

====================

On Saturday I went to the 80th birthday party of the mom of a very dear friend of mine (a friend I've known since we were 12!). Afterward I confessed to my friend that I was embarrassed not to remember her new boyfriend's name. She said, "That's okay. He kept referring to you as: the tall skinny one." :-P
"Before Enlightenment chop wood, carry water. After Enlightenment chop wood, carry water." -- Zen proverb
sirdle

Postby amandamechele » Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:50 pm

sirdle wrote:Amy -- are you in Toronto? For some reason I thought you were on the West Coast of Canada... maybe near Vancouver? Don't know where I got that idea.

====================

On Saturday I went to the 80th birthday party of the mom of a very dear friend of mine (a friend I've known since we were 12!). Afterward I confessed to my friend that I was embarrassed not to remember her new boyfriend's name. She said, "That's okay. He kept referring to you as: the tall skinny one." :-P

You are correct I currently live on Vancouver Island. I was just visiting family and friends this week in Toronto. I love getting my city-fix every once in a while.

LOL... I love it that you are still close friends with someone you’ve known for so long. One of the events I attended this weekend was a Grade 8 (elementary) school reunion. It’s so nice to catch up.
Your friend’s boyfriend has no idea that calling you the tall skinny one is such high praise after all of the work you’ve done to get there. Ha!
amandamechele

PreviousNext

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program