March 2019 McDougall Weigh In Thread

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: March 2019 McDougall Weigh In Thread

Postby Rosey » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:18 pm

No weight change. Procedure is done and we know my intestines are so much better then they ever were before becoming Vegan. Doctor saw no bad signs at all except 1 polyp and they removed it clearly not my swelling issue. Doctor said healthier then most my age and weight.
Rosey

Postby fiftysix » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:59 pm

lost 1.5 lbs this week.
fiftysix

Postby amandamechele » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:31 pm

Anne - XO

Rosey - I’m glad to hear that the colonoscopy turned out positively. Keep up the great work. Getting validation of your efforts from an unexpected source must feel great and be motivating to keep doing so well. :) :) (Really, from two unexpected sources...now that’s a good week in my books.)

Dpascar - Nice! Love your consistency.

Shelley - You came! I’m so glad you’re joining us here for some accountability and support. Keep up the great work, and I’m loving the food photos that you post on FB! You must be quite the cook.

Sirdle - <3 I’m sorry things are tough for you right now and am very impressed that you have managed to keep eating well throughout. I hope you have managed to settle those debts and that the rest of March goes smoothly until the 1st. Are you moving very far?

ta432 - Great work. Glad you’re back and checking in.

Anelson108 - You’re very honest with yourself and I can see its helping to keep you on track. Good loss this week.

Ellen - That was a quick catch and you are no worse for wear, weight-wise. I’m glad you had some reflection time and hope that you begin to feel better soon. Being under the weather is never any fun.

fiftysix - Yes!

(Edit: Got my answer and it’s a disregard)
Last edited by amandamechele on Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
amandamechele

Postby Linda Dorrill » Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:01 am

Good Saturday all,

I'm down 3, to 167. :-P :D

Linda
Linda Dorrill

Postby Belana » Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:58 am

Hello Team MWL,
I was in a hurry and distracted last week, so I mistakenly posted in the February Weigh In Thread. Oops and oh well. :?
My last recorded weight that reflects how much I'm losing was Saturday, March 2nd. I weighed 116.2 lbs. Today I weigh in at 114.9, which is a total loss of 1.3 lbs.
My weight loss has slowed way down. It's definitely frustrating because I'm doing what I can within my tolerance to reach my goal weight. I've pushed my goal of getting down to 105 lbs until May. I'm pretty sure it'll take that long if not longer for me to reach that goal weight. :\
The good news is that all my friends have noticed and commented about my weight loss. They may not have been that keen about me giving up going out drinking and eating whatever with them, but now that they've seen me achieve results, they're congratulatory and supportive. It's nice that they're on board finally. :)
Belana

Postby Frymom » Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:59 am

Hola! It was a tough week hormonally and emotionally and really threw me off for 4 days. Luckily I only went off one of those days and learned that if I eat chips and cheese (nachos) I really suffer during the night and the next day. My body is not used to the oils and fats any more...Yay! That was a good discovery. The other good news is I got right back on the next day and still ended up with a loss.

Down .6 pounds this week
Down 19 since January!!

Slowly but surely! I will celebrate each little bit...it’s a journey and I am heading in the right direction!
Chris
El Puerto de Santa María, España
Frymom

Postby Lorna1954a » Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:10 pm

I gained 2 lbs, the same 2 I lost last week

Lorna
Lorna1954a

Postby amandamechele » Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:39 am

Hi All!

We did it. :) We turned a gaining-month into a losing one. Three cheers for all of us losers! Hee hee.
Happy St. Patrick’s Day (for tomorrow)!
Tonight we ate a St. Paddy’s Day themed meal at my home. I served a traditional Irish-American meal to most everyone but improvised a bit for myself and one of my sons. Here’s what we had (plus Mary McDougall’s Moroccan Red Lentil Soup, not shown):

I saw a few other recipes floating around the internet that look like a delicious way to reformulate the left overs:

From Susan Voisin: Irish White Bean and Cabbage Stew, Colcannon puffs
Here’s a Shepherd’s pie that also looks delicious from Oh She Glows (just remove the oil from the recipe).

Have a lovely weekend all and best wishes for the coming week!

Amy XO

PS. Speaking of the coming week, there is an online summit of plant based experts available right now (it is free for a limited time and after that you would need to pay). Two of the speakers are Dr. McDougall (on Monday) and Dr. Lisle (next Saturday). I like to think of these kinds of information sessions like the McDougall Advanced Study Weekends of old. You get the opportunity to hear a variety of experts who have similar, but not exactly the same, ideas about getting healthy and losing weight. If any of you get a chance to see either of these presentations, I’d love to hear about them.

PPS. Live with Dr. McDougall and Special Guests featured Dr. David Katz last week, and will have Andrew Spudfit Taylor on, on the 28th. Check those out too!

Here are the results for the third week in March:

Next Weigh-In is on Friday, March 22nd, 2019

Total group loss reported in 2019: 227.87 pounds

March 2019 Weight Loss Group :: Monthly Weigh-In Results
Total group loss in January 2019: 140.53 pounds
Total group loss in February 2019: 78.64 pounds
Total group loss in March 2019: 8.7 pounds

Week ending 03/15/2019: 13 participants reported a total loss of 13.5 pounds
---------------------------------------
Lorna1954a - 2.0
---------------------------------------
Total gains: 2.0
--------------------------------------
Dpascar - 0.7
Shelley Crockett - 5.0
Sirdle - 1.8
Taz432 - 1.0
Anelson108 - 0.6
Ellen N - 0.0
Rosey - 0.0
Fiftysix - 1.5
Linda Dorrill - 3.0
Belana - 1.3
Frymom - 0.6
Amandamechele - 0.0
---------------------------------------------
Total losses: 15.5
---------------------------------------------

Total group loss in March 2019: 8.7 pounds
Week ending 03/15/2019: 13 participants reported a total loss of 13.5 pounds
Week ending 03/08/2019: 15 participants reported a total loss of 3.8 pounds
Week ending 03/01/2019: 15 participants reported a total loss of -8.6 pounds
amandamechele

Postby sirdle » Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:47 pm

amandamechele wrote:Sirdle - <3 I’m sorry things are tough for you right now and am very impressed that you have managed to keep eating well throughout. I hope you have managed to settle those debts and that the rest of March goes smoothly until the 1st. Are you moving very far?

Hi Amy!

No debts to settle -- just crazy neighbors -- but it's still a drag to move, even if it's only a dozen miles away.

Inspired by your last post, I decided to make a Cathy Fisher's shepherd's pie for St Patrick's Day!

I tried it without pepper and I just used the boiling water instead of adding soy milk. It wasn't bad, but needs just a bit more kick. Next time I might try adding some salt (or maybe just more celery) and some pepper. If that doesn't work I might try adding 1 cup of soy milk.

Cheers,

Edit - And thanks for the pictures of the 3-Day!

====================

I love Cathy's recipes!

Just for fun I compared Cathy's Sheperd's Pie recipe with the one I used to get at a local Irish pub.

Irish Pub
-------------------
940 calories
57% fat
18% protein
25% carbohydrate
60 g fat
23 g saturated fat
3 g trans-fat
131 mg cholesterol
1340 mg sodium

Cathy Fisher
-------------------
310 calories
4% fat
10% protein
86% carbohydrate
1.6 g fat
0.3 g saturated fat
0.0 g trans-fat
0.0 g cholesterol
108 mg sodium

:-P
"Before Enlightenment chop wood, carry water. After Enlightenment chop wood, carry water." -- Zen proverb
sirdle

Postby moonlight » Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:31 pm

Hi everyone,

I wanted to check in and say hi and congrats to everyone. I didn't get a chance to weigh this weekend but my weight did not change. I plan to contribute at the next weigh-in! Good luck to everyone this week!
moonlight

Postby Suey51 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:39 am

Thanks Amy for sharing your feedback on the McDougall 3 day weekend and all the photos :-) You've done a great job of summarising it.

I've added a few thoughts and pics over on the March 2019 Maintenance Thread.

It was so lovely to meet you and Shelley Crockett there, Sue xx
Suey51

Postby Shelley Crockett » Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:32 am

March 22: loss: -1.4 lb

Had to figure a few things out, weight was going up and down all week. Turns out my body prefers a higher ratio of beans vs. potatoes. Good to know!

Hope everyone had a good week!
Shelley Crockett

Postby Dpascar » Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:48 am

Hello all. Lots of business travel and eating out this week. 0 pounds lost. Weigh the same as last Friday.

Dan
Dpascar

Postby anelson108 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:04 am

Weigh-in today: None
Last week: 193.2
Results: NA
Total loss (since joining MWL): NA
Goal weight: 150 pounds (5' 6" height)
NOTE: No weigh-in today; I'm attending an out-of-town conference.
anelson108

Postby cena » Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:43 am

2 pound loss.

From 200 to 198. So excited!
cena

PreviousNext

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program