What I am eating

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

What I am eating

Postby mack45 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:57 pm

I am six months plant based whole foods. Two weeks off sugar. I am also off caffeine. Not sure but for the first time more energy daily from no sugar.
Daily I eat mostly potatoes and carrots and canned beans not with pork just in potato sauce. Then I have learned to eat porridge no sugar with almond milk. lunch usually left overs from last night supper. I also use pasta or more potatoes or left over stew. I buy the pre-made soups and stews dried goods and spiced food mostly lentals, legumes, beans all in one package. Supers are stew or my favorite is potatoes and carrots boiled and mashed. With a packaged gravy these have no meat and almost no fat. So mostly salt and a little spice. If I use a little meat like this as a seasoning I am fine with that kind of use.
The big problem I have found with Vegan recipes is they try and imitate flavors of cheese,meat and taste like something horrible. The second problem is they nearly always use some product I have never heard of or can not get in northern Canada.
the upshot of my new diet is I am liking what I eat with out going off the diet.
One problem I have been working on is frying with no oil at all. Also some recipes need some oil.
So far I just cut the amounts or find substitutes.
One more big find for me is the electric pressure cooker,or instapot. This is the best new cooking product ever. I am still getting used to using the pot and getting recipes for it.
The whole reason I am eating PBWF is I have HHC ,known as iron overload. I had two treatments for this as I started the diet but none since. I do need to have a check up and confirm this way of eating is working for this.
What I have found so far is lower arthritic pain . No increase in arthritis. This is great because that was my greatest problem. I was ageing at about 5 years ever one as near as I could tell and that has seemed to stop or at least slow dramatically.
mack45

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals