Newbie's First "Real Day"

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Newbie's First "Real Day"

Postby memphisrain1 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:23 pm

[size=150]Hi! First "real" day--practice day 2 days ago, yesterday learned a lot, did really well. Stayed on task minus one no-no chocolate, Greek Yogurt bar...Today was serious business:

Morning Wake Up 0630 hrs:
1 cup black coffee, no creamer (usually have dairy) 2 tsp sugar, 2 cups

Break time breakfast 10:00 am:
1 Large Cranberry bagel, no butter, plain
1 Seltzer water, with raspberry spritz (no sugar, no anything)

Lunch:
Hot oatmeal instant cereal with water
ice water

Dinner:
Wheat spaghetti noodles
All natural tomato sauce-super yummy
organic cilantro
seltzer water spritz

Dessert:
21 pieces of Frosted Mini Wheats (190 cal) no moisture, dry
[/size]
1 (might be two by the time I get done with the evening) vegie/fruit ice-pop sickle!

Today I also separated all the foodies in the freezer, fridge and cupboard food is sitting on the table waiting for my son to come pick it up! I felt good about my choices today and tomorrow I will bring fruit to work!
Can't wait for my books to get here and get some recipe's!
Memphisrain
memphisrain1

Re: Newbie's First "Real Day"

Postby Drew_ab » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:03 am

Welcome to the board and good luck on your journey. What are your goals with this way of eating? In time you'll discover how to fine-tune whole food plant-based diet to work for you. If you haven't already, I recommend checking out two things:

1) The Starch Solution Lecture on Youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XVf36nwraw

2) McDougall's Color Picture Book:
https://www.drmcdougall.com/wp/wp-conte ... -Book1.pdf

While one can really go as deep as they want in understanding the literature and mechanisms that make this way so healthful, you really don't have to if you don't want to. Taking a quick glance at your diet, I would say it needs a few more veggies in there. Just always be sure to keep starch as the centerpiece.
Drew_ab

Re: Newbie's First "Real Day"

Postby Rob » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:24 am

Welcome! You've come to the right place to regain and maintain optimal health. If there's one thing I've learned from following the McDougall Plan for a couple decades is that I have always achieved the best results when I stick with whole plant foods (not processed) that are centered on starches with the addition of fruits and vegetables without added oils. Pretty simple. Best wishes on your new journey.
Rob

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals