My Daily Menus

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

My Daily Menus

Postby DaisyPetals » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:14 pm

Friday, November 17, 2017 (day after my 37th birthday)
B- Pan "fried" potatoes with onions
S- Banana
L- 1/2 baked sweet potato with drizzle of maple syrup, 1 cup quinoa with soy sauce, steamed brocolli with nutritional yeast
S- 1 cup quinoa, apple
D- Stir "fried" vegetables with soy sauce and white rice
S- puffed quinoa snacks (oilfree, organic, can't remember brand).

Saturday, November 18, 2017
B- Holy Crap cereal with almond milk
L- vegetable sandwich and potato soup (recipe below)
S- 1 slice vegan birthday cake
D- Potato soup

Potato Soup recipe:
1 onion chopped
2-3 cloves garlic,chopped
1 stalk chopped celery
4 cups vegetable broth
2 carrots
6 peeled potatoes
favourite herbs/seasonings (ie: basil, thyme, garlic salt, herbs de province, etc)
Optional- soy or unsweetened almond milk

- in hot pot, add onion, garlic and celery. Cook until translucent (I added the onions first and gave them a little longer to caramelize). Add a bit of water to water fry if needed (I found I didn't since I got the pot nice and hot first).
- add chopped carrots and 4 cups broth
- dice/roughly chop potatoes and add.
- bring to boil then reduce heat and simmer for 20-30 minutes or until potatoes are soft.
- remove from heat and use immersion hand blender (or blender if that's your preference). Blend well until very smooth and creamy (about 5-10 minutes with immersion hand blender). Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Return to heat and add extra liquid if needed (ie: soy or almond milk, or broth of course). Keep warm until time to serve.
- This recipe is a huge hit with my family. Even the meat eaters wanted the recipe and couldn't figure out how it was so creamy without any dairy or fat.

Sunday November 19, 2017
B-pan "fried" potatoes, banana
S- banana, apple
L- potato soup, slice of Ezekiel bread with jam
D- steamed brocolli and quinoa
S- popcorn with dill weed and sea salt

Monday, November 20, 2017
B- Holy Crap cereal with dried cranberries and almond milk
S- dehydrator apple rings with cinnamon (got a dehydrator for my birthday, yay!)
L- quinoa and baked beans, fresh mixed veggies
S- mixed fruit (pineapple, grapes and melon slices), sliced cucumbers and cherry tomatoes
D- oven fries with ketchup and vinegar, sliced cucumber with vinegar
S- popcorn with nutritional yeast

November 20- I'm going to be honest, I haven't given up coffee yet. I usually have about 1/2 cup in the morning with some almond milk and sf vanilla syrup and may have a cup in the late morning/early afternoon. I also haven't given up diet soda yet. I had like 2 sips on Saturday evening and then maybe 1/2 a can with popcorn last night.
DaisyPetals

Re: My Daily Menus

Postby memphisrain1 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:09 pm

Hi DaisyPetals!

I am new here (yesterday) so I really appreciated the time you took in posting the recipes! :-P

I am wondering: what is "Holy Crap Cereal"? And, I don't see why we have to give up coffee if we aren't drinking dairy with it? What part is bad for us? Also, I noticed you had maple syrup? Is that a "yellow"? That would help with a couple things--I kept my molasses, not sure what for since I don't eat meat anymore and that was part of my glaze...

Also, I just noticed on second look that you got a dehydrator!! How cool and that will be great for snacks! :nod:

I noticed you don't have any bread stuff--I couldn't find any in the store without oil in it (or seeds which I can't have for another reason) except for some cranberry bagels...do you eat breads at all?

Thank you,
memphisrain
memphisrain1

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals