I Love Asian Food

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

I Love Asian Food

Postby c107 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:22 pm

I've made a list of my routine recipes, so I can always find them.

My favorite dishes are:
- vegetables and rice with garlic ginger sauce (and sometimes tofu, if I can afford it)
- sweet potatoes and broccoli with peanut dressing
- curry rice (Thai; haven't tried Japanese yet, Sprouts doesn't have Japanese curry powder)
- mashed potatoes and gravy
- chili and cornbread
- bean burritos

I could live on these. If These meals could be frozen and packaged every month so I could take it out of the freezer and microwave it, I would love that.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and when I make pasta sauce, I put as many mushrooms and as much cilantro in it as I can! It's yummy. And if you add fennel seed, it's even better.
c107

Re: I Love Asian Food

Postby Nean » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:45 am

Interesting about cilantro and fennel for pasta. Never would have thunk it.
Our go to meals are pretty plain right now. More of a pick two or three and flavor if desired
Frozen- corn, greens, peas, broccoli, mixes, shredded potatoes, berries
Canned - salsa (gallon jug of mild + smaller sizes of flavors or in season add fruits to flavor the basic salsa), crushed tomatoes and other no salt products, low sodium beans, corn.
Dry - oatmeal, steel cut oats, angel hair size whole wheat pasta, potato flakes for thickener and emergency meals
Fresh- yams / sweet potatoes, potatoes, greens, lemons,
Spice mixes, sweet chili sauce, sirachia, balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, garlic and onion, molasses, mustards, maple syrup and large amounts of nutritional yeast
Actually that’s more a list of my whole kitchen :oops:
"I am very much in control of how I feel as long as I control what I put in my mouth!" Blue
Nean

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals