My menu

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

My menu

Postby americaninca46 » Sat May 13, 2017 11:06 am

HI Group, This menu has been working very well for me in the past 8 months or so.
Breakfast: A quarter Bob's Red mill 7-grain cereal with a half cup of walnuts, banana, brown sugar, cinnamon, dash of salt and A splash of cashew milk.

Lunch: home made vegetable soup ( potatoes, carrots, rutabaga, onion, garlic, celery sweet potatoes, Italian tomatoes in juice, spices to taste.) I add corn, peas, and chic peas or other beans when heating the soup. Some times I add rice. I make a 10 litre pot of soup every week.

Makes a good size bowl. Very filling.

Supper: Varies between more soup or Boiled potatoes with kale, corn and peas. adding mustard and ketchup or vinegar(Bragg's apple cider.

Snacks: Orange, Apple, popcorn, hummus and crackers, strawberries.

I try not to get real hungry between meals as I am prone to eat everything in sight. This has worked pretty well for me. I am still loosing weight. About 4 lbs. a month. Moderate exercise. Just walking.

Sometimes I have a fresh salad before supper or for a snack in the afternoon.

Today I weighed in at 163 lbs. Down from 217 lbs. I can't begin to tell you how happy I am and how great I feel. The physical part of eating whole foods is wonderful. The mental part in being a non carnivore in a big carnivorous world can be stressful at times. I am learning to keep my mouth shut or be very discrete when talking diet or food. Thanks again for all the people who take part in this group. You truly inspire me. Rebia
americaninca46

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals