Spuds, beans & rice

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Spuds, beans & rice

Postby tmoody » Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:26 am

Only a little over a week into this, my main foods are potatoes, white and sweet; and beans and rice. My grandmother, an Adventist, lived on beans and rice (to age 93), and I always ate it when I visited, so I have fond memories of it. My recipe is different from hers, but I try to keep a container of it, ready to go, in the fridge at all times. It's easy enough to dump some into a container for lunch. I usually have the potatoes at home, topped with something fat-free, such as salsa. I found some pumpkin salsa, which is especially good on sweet potatoes. I sometimes dump some beans on the potatoes.

In addition to these staples, I add vegies and fruit. My beans & rice recipe includes chopped scallions and garlic too. That's about all I eat at the moment. No breads, oatmeal, etc. I also use the McDougall soups in a pinch (not affiliated, I know).

On Sunday, my wife made a batch of Moroccan Red Lentil Soup using the recipe from TSS. It was delicious and I just finished it off with a portion for today's lunch.
tmoody

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals