Today's menu

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Today's menu

Postby graciezoe » Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:18 pm

B: rolled oats, barley and spelt, banana milk, blueberries
S: apple, 2 corn thins
L: huge salad topped with quinoa and Japanese yams
D: roasted potatoes and asparagus, steamed chard and onion, a black bean quinoa burger
A HCLF Vegan.
Cardio Goal: 650 minutes a week on treadclimber and Bowflex Max 5 plus, weekend hikes.

Starting weight on 3/2014 was 304 lbs
Weight as of 4/2016 is 114 lbs
graciezoe

Postby RAS22 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:00 am

Hey girl! Been missing you on both boards.Hope you are doing well.You can e-mail me if you want.RAS
RAS22

Postby graciezoe » Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:04 am

Thanks RAS,
I've been doing pretty well. On January 2nd my furbaby Zoe died, she was only 11 years old and it devastated me. I have no human children so my furbabies get all my love and attention, my heart was broken. The old me would have used food to "help" the hurt but I've learned so much with this WOE that i didn't. I'm still struggling a bit but at least I'm not crying all the time. I'm going to look for your email.
B: oats, barley, spelt, amaranth with banana milk and blueberries, Food for Life 7 grain sprouted bread toasted with sliced strawberries
S: apple
L: huge bowl of salad green topped with quinoa and Japanese yams
D: McDougall recipe of sloppy lentil joes, Engine 2 sprouted roll, steamed HI purple potatoes,
A HCLF Vegan.
Cardio Goal: 650 minutes a week on treadclimber and Bowflex Max 5 plus, weekend hikes.

graciezoe

Postby graciezoe » Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:46 pm

B: oats, millet, flax, spelt with banana milk and blueberries
S: apple, 2 corn thins
L: baby bok choy, spinach, kale, chard, butter lettuce, tomatoes, orange bell peppers and a huge Japanese sweet potato that everyone at work commented on great it smelled roasting in the oven.
D: leftover of the sloppy lentil joes stuffed in a green bell pepper, butternut squash roasted. and a small spinach salad
A HCLF Vegan.

graciezoe

Postby graciezoe » Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:46 am

B: simply Elizabeth ancient grain, banana, blueberries
L: Roasted vegetable soup, it's getting cold here in NE

Roasted Veggie soup
Vegetable broth
3 large carrots, peeled and chopped
1 large parsnip, peeled and chopped
3 red peppers, deseeded and cut into strips
4 garlic cloves, peeled
1 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp ancho chili pepper
salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Put vegetables on a baking mat and roast them for 35 minutes. Put vegetables in a pot with the broth and seasoning and heat. I then use a stick blender and blend until smooth.
D: homemade split pea soup, side mixed green salad, Food for Life sprouted grain pita stuffed with sweet potato dip, tomatoes, shredded carrots

Sweet potato dip
I found recipe in a UK vegan magazine I changed* some of the recipe to make it healthier.
1 large sweet potato
1 large garlic clove, peeled and crushed
2 tbsp lemon juice
3 tbsp white beans mashed*
1 tsp maple syrup
1 1/2 tsp cumin
1 1/2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp paprika
salt and ground ginger to taste
Bake potato, cool, take off skin. Put all ingredients in a food processor or use a blender stick and blend until smooth. Add water* as need to make the right consistency.
* recipe called for oil and tahini
A HCLF Vegan.

graciezoe

Postby graciezoe » Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:12 am

B: Purely Elizabeth Ancient Grain, banana milk, blueberries, masala spice added to the hot cereal gives it a delicious spicy chai taste that I love.
S: 3 corn thins with sliced apples
L: baby bok choy, spinach, kale, chard, romaine lettuce, tomatoes, quinoa, cranberries, japanese yams with balsamic vinegar
D: lentil ancient grain soup, steamed chard with onions and garlic, 2 slices Food for Life sprouted bread with sliced potatoes, homemade hummus, tomatoes and greens grilled on foreman grill.
A HCLF Vegan.

graciezoe

Postby graciezoe » Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:47 pm

B: rolled barley, spelt, oats, chai spice, banana milk and blueberries

S: 2 corn thins and sliced apple

L: mixed greens, homemade hummus on 2 pieces of sprouted grain bread with spinach, tomatoes and grilled tempeh.

D:black bean lettuce bundles, buffalo cauliflower, roasted delicata squash
A HCLF Vegan.

graciezoe

Postby graciezoe » Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:48 pm

Source: Eat to Live Dr. Fuhrman
Black Bean Lettuce Bundles
2 cups no salt added black beans, drained and rinsed
1/2 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
3 green onions, chopped
1/2 c. fresh cilantro
1/2 no salt salsa
2 tbsp lime juice
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tsp cumin
8 large romaine lettuce leaves
1/4 large, ripe avocado, peeled pitted and mashed.
In a bowl mash beans and avocado together until slightly chunky. Add all the rest of the ingredients except the lettuce leaves. Take mixture put in leaves and roll like burrito.
A HCLF Vegan.

graciezoe

Postby graciezoe » Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:07 am

B: Purely Elizabeth 6 grains hot grain with banana milk and blueberries
L: bok choy, kale, chard, spinach, romaine, butter lettuce, tomatoes, onions, bell peppers with strawberry balsamic vinegar
D: Sriracha cornmeal roasted cauliflower, purple sweet potatoes steamed, side spinach salad, lentil oat loaf
A HCLF Vegan.

graciezoe

Postby RAS22 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:08 pm

Hi! How are you doing/
Your menue looks good. See you on the ww board too.can't post there as my computer is not
up graded..oh well. Here is my e-mail address. [email protected] you can e-mail me anytime.I'm nearly
deaf without my hearing aids & I like to walk.
RAS22

Postby graciezoe » Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:35 am

B: rolled barley and spelt with a mix of blueberries and black berries with banana milk.
L: my favorite thing Buddha Bowl! Bok choy, spinach chard, kale with black forbidden rice, black beans, chickpeas, onions, tomatoes, orange and red bell peppers topped with roasted butternut squash, carrots and parsnips.
I love all bowl meals!!! I put either homemade sweet potato hummus or roasted garlic white balsamic vinegar over the bowl.
A HCLF Vegan.

graciezoe

Postby graciezoe » Thu May 26, 2016 2:09 pm

B: Rolled barley, buckwheat, oats with mango and banana, cardamon

L: Japanese sweet potato, baked then sliced and put on top of a salad of: kale, spinach, chard, bok choy, tomatoes, carrots, jalapeno pepper, bell peppers, poblano pepper(roasted) and topped with garlic infused white balsamic vinegar

D: 3 potato taco's(Food for Life corn tortilla's) from McDougall app, pinto beans, corn and tomato salad, steamed chard with garlic and onions
A HCLF Vegan.

graciezoe

Postby Franchesca_S. » Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:58 am

I was just re-reading these posts. These menus are just dreamy.

FS.
Franchesca_S.

Postby graciezoe » Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:44 am

B: coach's oats with persimmons
S: baby carrots
L: 1 large baked Japanese sweet potato, a 6 cup mixed green salad: arugula, bok choy, spinach, chard, kale, tomatoes, red onions, bell peppers with flavor infused balsamic vinegar
D: an Engine 2 recipe: cubed polenta, green peppers, spinach, cauliflower, onions, all (except the spinach) dry roasted then topped with engine 2 red pepper tomato sauce side of steamed butternut squash

This summer and fall I really got into hiking and put in a lot of miles. Also, I still do 90 minutes a day of cardio Monday thru Friday.
A HCLF Vegan.

graciezoe

Postby chefkapsch » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:43 pm

Today for breakfast was apple Cinnamon quinoa. lunch was spaghetti squash Alfredo, and dinner was harvest moon soup from the app. It was really good
Dave
Make everyday a terrific day
chefkapsch

PreviousNext

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals