McDougall versus Fuhrman

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: McDougall versus Fuhrman

Postby patty » Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:43 pm

[img][img][/img][/img]
Faith in DC wrote:McDougall has been doing the three stomachs for years. I have never seen Fuhrman do it and do not remember those graphics in ETL. I could be wrong since it's been a few years since I read it.

I haven't seen the graphic of the stomachs in Dr. McDougall's book... but they are in ETL:) I just checked "McDougall Program for Maximum Weight Loss". And the only other book I have is "The Mc Dougall's Quick and Easy Cookbook" and I don't remember seeing the graphics there. I know Jeff Novick helped with Dr. Fuhrman in writing ETL. So I wouldn't be surprised. Jeff Novick recommended Dr. Shintani's "The Hawaii Diet" on the _Calorie Density_ dvd and Dr. Shinatni has a SMI (Shintani Mass Index) in his book. It is a excellent book and I have given it to my children for my grandchildren who are part Hawaiian.

Jeff Novick dvds for my children have been very helpful. My daughter was passing our nuts for my grandchildren while we were watching the State Robotic Competition. It was great to remind her next time to give out the small boxes of raisins that Jeff Novick shares he carries around with him on the _Calorie Density_ dvd. And it was great telling her this morning not to purchase McDougall's Bread and Buns that are still selling in the health food store, because she is figuring out the difference between unrefined carbs and refined. What is exciting is those might be choices in the future, but when you are trying to lose weight it is not a option with low calorie density.

Mahalo, for the feedback...

Aloha, patty
patty

Postby Starchyme » Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:12 pm

I wholeheartedly agree, Carroll. One size doesn't fit all. Different approaches; same great results.
Happy McDougalling!
Starchyme

Postby Wild4Stars » Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:18 pm

Carroll makes an excellent point. Why sweat the small stuff, and it's all small stuff. "Eat food, not too much, mostly plants."
"If your lifestyle doesn't control your body, your body will eventually control your lifestyle." Ern Baxter
Wild4Stars

Postby patty » Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:10 pm

I totally agree with Carroll there are many paths up a mountain. The big difference for myself with a starch base diet is satiety, time and money. Now my Nirvana charge card will only work with the low calorie density foods groups. It is not a option for me to fight with reality (in my perspective).

Mahalo for everyone's feedback!!! We truly are a flowering consciousness! May everyone be blessed with the highest good for their health and well being!

Aloha, patty
patty

Previous

Return to The Lounge