The amazing benefits of coconut oil

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

The amazing benefits of coconut oil

Postby Ruff » Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:36 pm

So....I had a vegan hamper for Christmas with lots of vegan yummy stuff in it. I confess to eating the chocolate, and the family polished off most of the rest of the contents. However I was left with a jar of coconut oil......

What to do with it? It sat around for a few months until one day I was having a really bad hair day (I have long curly hair), and I made a hair mask from the coconut oil. This led me to the realisation that it was great for hands left sore from endless disinfecting.

later my husband used it to rub into a wooden aikido 'jo' he had just sanded down, and followed it up with using it to rub on a sticking window frame.

The next use was when one of my adult kids helpfully cleaned my cast iron Lodge Dutch Oven with a steel pad and washing up liquid. The coconut oil was brilliant for re-seasoning the pan.

Finally I discovered it can be used to remove a sticky label from a glass jar.

So many people had told me of the benefits of coconut oil and asked why I didn't use it. And I had no idea what wonderful stuff it was.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Katie

My testimonial. viewtopic.php?f=13&t=38433
Ruff

Re: The amazing benefits of coconut oil

Postby pundit999 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:12 am

:-D :-D
pundit999

Re: The amazing benefits of coconut oil

Postby Dougalling » Thu May 06, 2021 9:44 am

:lol: I use a dab of coconut oil as a leave-in hair conditioner. It´s awesome on my colored, curly hair.
Dougalling

Return to The Lounge