Is it OK to discuss name brands?

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

Is it OK to discuss name brands?

Postby Hal » Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:58 pm

Occasionally i see a product i'd like to know more about, or to alert or ask others about but am hesitant to use brand names. Is there any restrictions on this or best practices when it comes to specific brands? thanks.
Hal

Re: Is it OK to discuss name brands?

Postby Jeremiah » Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:32 pm

There's no rule prohibiting that as far as I know. It would be silly to not be able to discuss name brands on a board like this where we're consistently challenged by our surroundings to seek out the rare products that actually fit into our lifestyle choices. If someone finds a great product, I'd like to hear about it. On the flip side, if someone has specific questions or concerns about a product, they need to be able to ask about it here.
Jeremiah

Re: Is it OK to discuss name brands?

Postby VeggieSue » Sat Oct 24, 2020 3:26 am

The more details of an item the better - brand name, flavor, ingredients list, all that stuff is important to know. Even something as innocuous as raisins - some brands have oil and/or sugar added to prevent clumping, so knowing what specific brand and type of raisin you're asking about will help in getting the correct answer to the question. I usually try to include a link to the item's official web page, too, if I can so people can see a photo of what I'm talking about and get the official list of ingredients and nutritional info.
VeggieSue

Return to The Lounge