Invitation to a celebration

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Invitation to a celebration

Postby Vanilla Orchid » Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:28 pm

What time zones are you all in? I'm Pacific Time.
Vanilla Orchid

Postby Lyndzie » Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:05 pm

I’m Eastern.
Lindsey
My food journal: Adventures in Eating
My pregnancy journal: Maybe a Baby 2017
www.lindseyhead.coach
Lyndzie

Postby viv » Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:08 pm

I'm eastern also - 3 hours ahead of CA.

Viv
5'8", Started March 2013
Starting weight: 217
Current weight: 157
60lbs gone--for good!
viv

Postby Vanilla Orchid » Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:53 pm

OK, and Kathryn is in Oxford, so that's a 12 hour difference. I think she's available most days except Monday, unless that's changed.
Vanilla Orchid

Postby f1jim » Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:59 am

This will be fun. Attaching a voice to a name is exciting. Let's pull this off!
f1jim
While adopting this diet and lifestyle program I have reversed my heart disease, high cholesterol, hypertension, and lost 54 lbs. You can follow my story at https://www.drmcdougall.com/james-brown/
f1jim

Postby Vanilla Orchid » Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:32 pm

There are people who used to be fairly active on the board, many of whom we have met in person. It has been less active in the last few years (and also less fun). Covid has not helped. Let's reach out to those we know (virtually or otherwise) and invite them in.

It having friends and support makes for better outcomes, and for fun. Did I mention how much it matters to make this lifestyle more fun?
Vanilla Orchid

Postby Chumly » Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:07 pm

I am interested in meeting you all as well! I live in Georgia (EST).

Michael
Chumly

Postby Plumerias » Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:02 pm

Vanilla Orchid wrote:OK, and Kathryn is in Oxford, so that's a 12 hour difference. I think she's available most days except Monday, unless that's changed.

Um, without sounding rude, may I please correct your math? Katherine is at GMT. US eastern time is GMT-5. US Pacific time is GMT-8. GMT -/+ 12 is the International Date Line.

Technologically challenged is an understatement when applied to me. Is this difficult to do? Do I need anything special? I finally have glasses that sorta work, so I could actually sorta see people.

GMT-8 here.
Plumerias

Postby Vanilla Orchid » Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:24 pm

Plumerias wrote:
Vanilla Orchid wrote:OK, and Kathryn is in Oxford, so that's a 12 hour difference. I think she's available most days except Monday, unless that's changed.

Um, without sounding rude, may I please correct your math? Katherine is at GMT. US eastern time is GMT-5. US Pacific time is GMT-8. GMT -/+ 12 is the International Date Line.

Technologically challenged is an understatement when applied to me. Is this difficult to do? Do I need anything special? I finally have glasses that sorta work, so I could actually sorta see people.

GMT-8 here.

Cool! I got your attention! Kathryn specifically asked me to invite you when we last had our Zoom meeting, and I did, but you didn't appear. I sent the Zoom invitation to the last email I had for you, and I think it was pretty recent. The way it works, is I need your email. I sent out the Zoom invitation to you, and everyone else. It gives you a link to click on and that's it. You do have to download the Zoom app, and you can connect with your PC, smart phone, or tablet. It's pretty simple.

Thanks for your correction on time zones. When I need to know, I go on my iphone and look at the world clock and it tells me the time zone for wherever I need to know. I find that whole process confusing. The Zoom invitation will have the Pacific time zone. Others will just have to calculate forward or backward. The only reason I ask where people are is to avoid setting a 2am time somewhere. Of course it's always 2am somewhere on the planet, but we'll do our best . . .
Vanilla Orchid

Postby Ejeff » Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:35 am

I would like to be invited. I am on Mountain Standard Time.

Thanks
Erin
"The more disciplined your environment is, the less disciplined you need to be. Don't swim upstream."
Ejeff

Postby Lyndzie » Tue Nov 03, 2020 3:36 pm

I’ll reach out to Spiral, too, I’m sure he’d love to join in.
Lindsey
My food journal: Adventures in Eating
My pregnancy journal: Maybe a Baby 2017
www.lindseyhead.coach
Lyndzie

Postby Vanilla Orchid » Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:39 am

I just met a McDougall follower from Florida who did not know about this board. I'm hoping she will be joining us shortly.

I've been busy the last couple weeks with some on line training involving yoga to combat osteoporosis, and that's where I met my new friend. Once that's over, I'll figure out how to get a Zoom chat organized for us all.
Vanilla Orchid

Postby Marla » Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:39 am

Hi! I would love to be invited if you have space. I've been away from the boards for some time, but I'm an old timer :) I'm on Pacific time. Thank you!
Marla

Postby Vanilla Orchid » Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:36 pm

Marla wrote:Hi! I would love to be invited if you have space. I've been away from the boards for some time, but I'm an old timer :) I'm on Pacific time. Thank you!

Fantastic! I have the capacity for up to 100 on Zoom, so the more the merrier.
Vanilla Orchid

Previous

Return to The Lounge