Happy Thanksgiving!

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

Happy Thanksgiving!

Postby Mom+Me » Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:08 am

I know I'm a tad early, but I just wanted to take a minute late on this Thanksgiving Eve to wish all of you a wonderful Thanksgiving! To those who don't live in America and to those who do, but may not have family and/or friends to celebrate with, I wish you a day of happiness and health. If life has been giving you lemons, I hope that you can take a few minutes to reflect on things--however small they may--for which you can be thankful.

Sometimes life can be real hard and even scary. My family experienced these emotions again the last 13 months with the health crises of our dear family member. Thankfully, things seem to be on a pretty consistent upswing now, yet our lives will be forever impacted by his disabilities. But even in this, we know that everything could have been so very much worse. So I am beyond grateful to God for His faithfulness and goodness!!

I only share all of this because life isn't always like a Hallmark Card commercial and I want you to know that I share in any joy you may be experiencing, but also have some understanding of the crumminess that can also be experienced in this journey we call life.

Originally I thought I'd just re-post what I posted last year...and then I started getting wordy.... :nod:

Mom+Me wrote:Wishing everyone a very happy and blessed Thanksgiving!

Thank you, Dr. and Mary McDougall for your selflessness and deep love and commitment to sharing the true health message for all these decades. Your passion for helping is greatly appreciated, including all the free resources and this Discussion Board!

So much gratitude to the entire McDougall Team for all of your hard work and dedication, including all of the moderators and tech people behind this terrific and helpful Discussion Board.

And finally, a big "Thank you!" to my fellow McDougallers on this Board who give of your time, experience, and encouragement. I think of ya'll as my health/McDougall Family. :-D

Gee...that kind of sounded like an awards ceremony acceptance speech! :wink:
"Eat your heart out (of trouble)!"--Dr. John A. McDougall
Mom+Me

Return to The Lounge