Cholosterol levels and studies

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Cholosterol levels and studies

Postby michaelswarm » Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:26 am

nfsus wrote:Im posting this link to a study that shows cholosterol beliw 150 increases your chances of death and cancer. And over 200 is heart blow out city. How does this mean with my wfpbd?

The study took a normal unhealthy population (Korea) and divided it into thirds. None of these were following a WFPB diet, so it means nothing to your diet.

Nearly all of the population probably were developing coronary artery diease, diabetes, cancer and whatever their particular environmental or genetic weakness left them vulnerable to. Maybe the lowest third, not dying of heart attacks, had a chance to die of something else. Also, population was probably also being treated with various medications. How does that affect the results?

I’m sure there a sub-cultures in Korea, for example some Buddhist monks still following a traditional diet, that would be truely healthy, have good markets, show longer healthy lifespan, etc. But not what this study was about. I don’t know why they even bother with studies like this. There is so much noise in large averages that it is almost impossible to tease out any information of any value.

Need to look at the overall picture across all of the studies, particularly the powerful studies that show meaningul results.
michaelswarm

Postby nfsus » Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:50 am

Talking about real food is hard to do. The foods we have now are not the same as in shakepearian days. They've either been hand breed modified or some scientists has spliced something in a lab. The meat is way different. Its all been changed to a fast grow large bulk disease resistant blah blah blah food item. A friend and I were talking the other day. Hes a wild game hunter. He argues that animal meat from the wild will not have the same effect as feedlot factory processed meats. For various reason I cant disagree but can neither confirm nor deny. But even the wild game is changing as people feed, bait, take over areas and so on.

Sure this is better for cholosterol. But I'd be willing to say that our nutritional value is better now than 200 years ago out of a potatoe or grain of rice for the most part due to some white lab guy screwing with it. Now when he grows butter inside the potatoe that'll be too far
nfsus

Postby Quinda » Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:52 am

Is the printed text of the Klaper video available? I cannot get it loud enough on my pc to hear him.
Quinda

Postby gracezw » Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:52 am

Yes, it is quiet. I used an earphone; and it worked OK.

Quinda wrote:Is the printed text of the Klaper video available? I cannot get it loud enough on my pc to hear him.
gracezw

Postby Quinda » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:25 am

Thank you, GraceZW
Quinda

Postby michaelswarm » Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:28 pm

nfsus wrote:Talking about real food is hard to do. The foods we have now are not the same as in shakepearian days. They've either been hand breed modified or some scientists has spliced something in a lab. The meat is way different. Its all been changed to a fast grow large bulk disease resistant blah blah blah food item. A friend and I were talking the other day. Hes a wild game hunter. He argues that animal meat from the wild will not have the same effect as feedlot factory processed meats. For various reason I cant disagree but can neither confirm nor deny. But even the wild game is changing as people feed, bait, take over areas and so on

Cardiovascular Disease in 6,000 year old fishermen mummies shows that even wild caught animals in pristine conditions cause disease, as discussed in this thread...
https://www.drmcdougall.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=60149&hilit=mummy
michaelswarm

Previous

Return to The Lounge