Sometimes People become threathen...

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

Sometimes People become threathen...

Postby patty » Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:52 am

Sometimes people become threaten when they feel they don't have a ally in toxic hunger. I am grateful for the satiety of starch, for it allows feelings of sensitivity to pass, while knowing everyone is doing the best they can with what knowledge they have. And to be careful what lines I across. It is important to keep searching for a the invisible line that won't threaten them. Every so often like in AA, you hear, "Love me, Love me" then they push you away. I have had some people get so angry at me because and when they pull in forward they don't like what they hear. So they abruptly push me back. I have learned in AA, you can't drink yourself sober, as with chronic diseases you can't eat toxic food to know health as best as you can. And I have to let go, and wait as truth always follows and brings you forward. The body doesn't lie, it is our best ally, and we reside in the best labs. It gives us the skill of listening.

Today I was sharing about Dr. McDougall/Dr. Esselstyn, as someone mentioned they had a enlarged heart. He felt no one could do anything about that. It is not like it can be reversed. Maybe that is true but it is still what feeds the heart? I could feel him close up when I mentioned diet. So I stayed away, and mentioned my mother passed from the Widowmaker at 72. And how I was 76, but you never know. Then I was able to say about the effects of oil, how washing the dishes it sticks to the sink, where the rest flows down the garbage disposal. And how like it is the same as with our cells where the oil sticks, and they lose the ability to repel other cells, creating a sludge in the blood vessels. This person was on the thin side. Earlier I had mentioned to someone in the same household about Ekah1Ornish Clinic. https://www.ekahiornish.com/ Hopefully the message will find itself flowering in the household. In Dr. Ornish book "Undo It", the information of telometers is so inspiring in the aging process. There is a lot of power when something is named it is like the invisible becomes tangible. I am grateful we have the Ekah1Ornish Clinic. Of course the seed in the Islands is Dr. McDougall.

Aloha, patty
patty

Re: Sometimes People become threathen...

Postby gracezw » Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:40 am

Thanks for sharing! Young at 76, you are nice and strong!
“Then I was able to say about the effects of oil, how washing the dishes it sticks to the sink, where the rest flows down the garbage disposal. And how like it is the same as with our cells where the oil sticks, and they lose the ability to repel other cells, creating a sludge in the blood vessels.”
Thank you again for the reminder!
gracezw

Postby Grammy Ginger » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:41 am

I sometimes mention things. Like you though I find most people don't want to hear it even those that are gravely ill. Food is wrapped up in all our traditions. It's more than taste or addiction. I believe so many see food as love. My first generation MIL came from an old Austria-Hungary tradition--eat, eat. Her kids, except for my husband, are all morbidly obese. My hubby used to be obese, too, until he saw all the benefits I gained by eating plants only.

It is rather socially isolating to buck tradition. I decided I'd rather live what time I have on earth feeling as well as I can than to eat one more piece of cake or cheese. Not everyone feels the same. We must not judge or push people. Example and quiet suggestion become us more as you seem to have discovered as well.

Thanks for sharing your story.

Have a lovely day.
Grammy Ginger

Postby patty » Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:23 pm

Grammy Ginger wrote:I sometimes mention things. Like you though I find most people don't want to hear it even those that are gravely ill. Food is wrapped up in all our traditions. It's more than taste or addiction. I believe so many see food as love. My first generation MIL came from an old Austria-Hungary tradition--eat, eat. Her kids, except for my husband, are all morbidly obese. My hubby used to be obese, too, until he saw all the benefits I gained by eating plants only.

It is rather socially isolating to buck tradition. I decided I'd rather live what time I have on earth feeling as well as I can than to eat one more piece of cake or cheese. Not everyone feels the same. We must not judge or push people. Example and quiet suggestion become us more as you seem to have discovered as well.

Thanks for sharing your story.

Have a lovely day.

Yes, it would be so easy if you were next door :) What they say it is easy to sit on a mountain, but it is the people in the community that do the work. It keeps me humble knowing there are so many of us under One sky.

Aloha, patty
patty

Postby patty » Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:32 pm

gracezw wrote:Thanks for sharing! Young at 76, you are nice and strong!
“Then I was able to say about the effects of oil, how washing the dishes it sticks to the sink, where the rest flows down the garbage disposal. And how like it is the same as with our cells where the oil sticks, and they lose the ability to repel other cells, creating a sludge in the blood vessels.”
Thank you again for the reminder!

We just need to identify with what is on our plates that reminds us what paralyzes. The cells can't protect and grow at the same time. They depend on us to see reality as starch based vs scarcity. All plants have fat and oil.

Aloha, patty
patty

Return to The Lounge